HS4 not recognizing Shelly H&T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 not recognizing Shelly H&T

HS4 does not recognize Shelly H&T it labels it as Unknown.Unknown (Unknown) - Webpage: 127.0.0.1 👉 Unable to connect to device, use with caution.
    When I try to add device manually it will not take the IP address. H&T is on the same network as my PC running Windows 10 and connects to the Shelly Android App. I'm using version4.0.0.35 AK Shelly plugin. HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.13.0

Ver 4.0.0.37 (BETA) should fix adding the device manually.

But it's always better to find out why it's not discovered automatically.

Regarding mDNS (Zeroconf) not finding the device:

1. Shelly H&T is mostly sleeping (even on USB power sleep time is 10 min) - make sure that when you start the plugin its awake by pressing the little button and red LED should be on.

2. The installer includes ShellyScanner.exe - please try and see if it finds the device.

3. My plugins support multiple mDNS providers. Install the most reliable provider Apple Bonjour Service and restart the plugin - it should recognise the service automatically and switch from TmDS to MonoZeroconf (which uses Bonjour provider on Windows):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Config Screen - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.2 KB ID:	1458785
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ShellyScanner.png Views:	0 Size:	18.4 KB ID:	1458784

Comment

Thanks for responding, I ran Shelly scanner but no luck. Installed Bonjour and restarted the plugin but still id as Unknown.Unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeycoll View Post
        I ran Shelly scanner but no luck
        What does no luck mean? Does the device show in the Scaner?

Comment

No the device does not show in the scanner.

Comment

Just downloaded update to AK Shelly version 4.0.0.37 but still having the same problem.

Comment

No the device does not show in the scanner.
              Just downloaded update to AK Shelly version 4.0.0.37 but still having the same problem.
              Which problem do you mean? Please be more specific to save your and my time. Do you mean the discovery problem? Or entering the IP address manually?

If discovery doesn't work - it's a problem with your network setup, may be mDNS traffic is disabled in your router. That's not related to the plugin.
              But for that reason I allow adding devices and entering the IP manually. Ver 4.0.0.37 fixes the issue when "Save" button on the Settings page didn't work.
              Now you should be able to add the device (by default it's assigned 120.0.0.1), and then set the correct IP.

Comment

How is it going?

Comment

Working...
                X