Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK Shelly keeps restarting / not working since Homeseer update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK Shelly keeps restarting / not working since Homeseer update.

Hello:
    Noticed that uni's weren't working, and HS was sluggish. Checked logs, and there are lots of errors. Attached is full log from homeseer restart through a couple of akshelly restarts.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

It looks like device at 192.168.1.233 is not Shelly1? It replies with "404 Not Found" instead of JSON.

Can you try in browser http://192.168.1.233/settings/actions

Comment

Also check IP address of shelly1 E8DB84D51E64

Comment

Both the IP & Mac are correct for shelly1. But it currently isn't being used. It was a test device.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewer View Post
          Both the IP & Mac are correct for shelly1. But it currently isn't being used. It was a test device.
          Do you mean it's not connected?

Did you try http://192.168.1.233/settings/actions?

I also noticed the url has "http://default:@192.168.1.221" which means that you enabled authentication in Shelly, but password is empty?

Comment

Currently 233 is being used by a Aruba slave AP.
            ​​​​​​ 192.168.1.233 70-3a-0e-c4-ea-04 dynamic

192.168.1.233 WAS used for Shelly1, mac address of E8DB84D51E64 (DHCP)

As far as the password, I probably screwed that up. Yhis was all a test and lots of things I hadn't figured out yet. When It stopped working, I thought it was due to licensing issues (it was on trial), so I licensed it. Still didn't work.

Where are the saved devices located at? Can I delete that entry?

Comment

I guess I should also say the correct, the Device Shell1 is not currently connected or being used.

Comment

The devices are self-contained, so you just delete the HS device. When you start the plugin - it will discover all Shellies.

Usually my plugins handle IP address change, so normally setting static IP is not required. But if it happens that there's another device at the old IP - then it becomes confused.

I posted ver 4.0.0.41 (BETA) - just added more error handling, so at least it doesn't crash.

Comment

Also, I noticed in the log - you use default TMDS Zeroconf discovery.

I always recommend installing Apple Bonjour Print Services - then the plugin after restart will use it automatically (assuming the mDNS is set to Auto). It's more reliable and efficient when the Bonjour service is doing the discovery in the background, instead of plugins doing discovery directly.

Comment

Originally posted by dbrewer View Post
                    Still didn't work
                    What exactly didn't work?

Comment

I'm not for sure what didn't work. Actually not even sure how that post happened.
                      .41 beta did work. Now plugin works.
                      Attached is the current log file.
                      I believe Bonjour is installed now also.
                      THanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I noticed you have lots of devices which respond to Shelly mDNS. Unfortunately Shelly uses standard "_http._tcp" type (not like _googlecast.tctp) - so it's hard to make sure it's really Shelly device found.

I made some changes in ver. 4.0.0.42 - so it shouldn't log non-Shelly devices, please try since I can't test myself.

Comment

Here's the log
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well, not much better.

Try 4.0.0.43

Comment

.43 log
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X