Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelly Motion - not reporting motion in HS4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelly Motion - not reporting motion in HS4?

Hi,

I've recently bought a few Shelly devlces (2 x Dimmer-2, 1 x Shelly-1 and the Shelly motion detector) to complement my existing HS4 setup which has quite a few Z-Wave devices and some LightwaveRF switches all of which are working fine.

I tried the "other" Shelly plugin which needed MQTT and thought that was all a bit too messy so decided to bite the ££ bullet and purchase your native plugin.

I've been trying out the first device which is the Shelly Motion Detector. It's been detected fine by HS and I have a device showing, but it only seems to report "Vibration" and never "motion". I can see the Motion being triggered from the devices native webpage so I know it's working.

Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelly2.png
Views:	300
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1467513Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelly1.png
Views:	230
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1467514

Mine works fine, but I'll check, tomorrow

Comment

Thank you. I've just tried a full factory reset on the device and re-added it to HS4 but that hasn't made any difference.

I have also noticed that all the I/O HTTP actions have been enabled with requests using my local user name but no password, do I need to configure that in the settings, I don't remember seeing that in the setup notes?

I've tried switching them all off but that hasn't made any difference.

Comment

Having enabled trhe logging I can see where it's triggering the vibration mode but not where any motion is being detected.

Name:	Shelly3.png
Views:	190
Size:	224.2 KB
ID:	1467521

Name:	Shelly5.png
Views:	188
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	1467522

Comment

Can you please post the screenshots of device config screens

Comment

I can certainly do that, but which device config screen are you talking about, the config from the device webpage or something else?

I've been trying various other things thinking my previous testing with the other Shelly plugin might have left something hanging around.
            So I've uninstalled and removed from the filesystem all the Shelly plugins, including this one, cleared out any old Shelly config/ini files I could find and factory reset the sensor again which is now working from it's own webpage as expected.

I've reinstalled your plugin and I'm still waiting for the device to be re-discovered again. It's been 30 minutes but nothing has appeared in the logs as of yet.

I've also discovered that the manual add button (green cross) does nothing. I can't manually add any device from that screen. When clicked nothing happens at all.

So until the device re-appears in my console I can't do anything else

Comment

OK, so another factory reset whilst the plugin was running has enabled its discovery and it's now in the console.

However, motion detection is still not being picked up by the plugin.

Comment

OK, so all the Action URL's have been "populated" again with exactly the same HTTP request values. So these must be getting populated by the plugin?

Name:	Shelly6.png
Views:	212
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1467530

Comment

OK, final update until I hear back from you. I can make every "motion" status activate apart from the actual motion detection. It works for vibration, sleep/disabled (nice Mickey Mouse graphic!) and obviously no-motion, but will not report actual motion

I can see all of these status change messages in the verbose log but nothing appears when an actual motion detection event occurs apart from the normal status message which does have the "Motion: True" in it.

FYI - I'm on HS4 v4.1.15.0

Comment

You didn't need to do all the above - if plugin is working in general, but some single feature doesn't.

But screenshots may be helpful, i.e.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-04-08 (1).png Views:	0 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	1467602 Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-04-08 (2).png Views:	0 Size:	81.6 KB ID:	1467603

Name:	image_100741.png
Views:	191
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1467604

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.46 - Fixed ShellyMotion

Name:	Motion&RGBW2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1467606

Comment

Originally posted by Solarfire View Post
                        I've also discovered that the manual add button (green cross) does nothing. I can't manually add any device from that screen. When clicked nothing happens at all.

So until the device re-appears in my console I can't do anything else
                        Shelly Motion is in auto discovery mode only one minute after device reboot, so to add ShellyMotion to HS automatically need to reboot the sensor (via mobile app or web app)

I'll check manual add button (green cross)

Comment

Ver 4.0.0.47 - Fixed manual add button (green cross)

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thanks foir sorting those issues out so quickly, really appreciate it.

However, where do I get the updated plugin from, there's no "update" symbol showing in the HS console next to the plugin like I normally see when there's a new release?
                            Is is just a case of waiting for it to be internally approved by HS before they release it out for everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Solarfire View Post
                              However, where do I get the updated plugin from, there's no "update" symbol showing in the HS console next to the plugin like I normally see when there's a new release?
                              Is is just a case of waiting for it to be internally approved by HS before they release it out for everyone?
                              I post updates in BETA, then HST move to release area (when they feel like that)

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-08 190628.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1467656

Comment

Working...
                              X