Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelly Motion - not reporting motion in HS4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok that makes sense, but only if I'm going to make any use of the Action URL's themselves. I don't have a need for any new Action URL requests currently but now I'm aware of the link between those settings I'll make sure I add it in in future if I need it.

Thanks for the clarification 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Solarfire View Post
      ok that makes sense, but only if I'm going to make any use of the Action URL's themselves. I don't have a need for any new Action URL requests currently but now I'm aware of the link between those settings I'll make sure I add it in in future if I need it.
      You do need action URLs for the motion sensor, otherwise you receive the motion notification with delay (i.e. 10 sec depending on your polling frequency), or you need to set polling to 2 sec

Same for door/window sensor or Shelly Button - especially because you can even miss the notification all together.
      Shelly do have the event list reporting, but I never looked at it, I like Click image for larger version  Name:	KISS.png Views:	0 Size:	10.6 KB ID:	1467698

Just set the user name and password, it should work

Comment

Had a bit more time today to have a play with the action URL's and yes, you are (obviously) correct. Having now added in the user/password, the detection and reporting time is much faster. I was testing it with turning on some lights which are controlled by a Fibaro Z-Wave Dimmer 2, and considering the motion trigger has to be sent over WiFi to my router, then to the HS Server on my local network and then the Z-Wave trigger back out through the Aeotec USB Z-Wave stick to the Dimmer 2 in the light switch it's almost instant. Which is perfect for Home Automation as it should be.

Thanks for all your help in getting this up and running. Just need to decide if I want to use the Shelly Dimmer 2's I have, as in my initial testing their Wi-Fi range is very poor especially considering I have a TP-Link Archer C5400X router which is pretty powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarfire View Post
          Just need to decide if I want to use the Shelly Dimmer 2's I have, as in my initial testing their Wi-Fi range is very poor especially considering I have a TP-Link Archer C5400X router which is pretty powerful.
          I invested in Z-Wave heavily before Shelly existed, but now I'm replacing all with Shellies. The good side of Z-Wave is the mesh network and dedicated controller - so you don't rely on your router. But it was too unreliable with HS and hope that HS4 will have better Z-Wave support didn't come through...

But I really like how Shellies are implementer, their webinterface and lots of options. And great support.
          And since now I have lots of WiFi devices - I found a trick when replacing the router - instead of going through each device and changing SSID and Password - I set the new router to the old SSID
          However Shellies do have bulk WiFi update option.
          And I upgraded my WiFi to Netgear Orbi mesh (tri-band), never had any issues. And the beauty is - I don't have to decide now if I use 2.4 or 5HGz band - Orbi handles it.

Comment

Working...
          X