Questions for HS3 to HS4 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for HS3 to HS4 Upgrade

I understand the new plugin is designed for HS4. I upgraded my HS3 install to HS4 - seems to have gone OK. The HS3 AKShelly plugin is working with HS4. But of course I'd like to update the plugin as well to take advantage of Plug support. My questions are:
    1) Does/can the HS4 plugin use any settings files from the HS3 plugin?
    2) Can the new plugin use my old HS3 AKShelly devices, or do I have to create all new devices and events? Any way to use old devices?
    3) I installed the HS4 plugin, but it is not adopting old devices or creating new devices. Is manual device creation required, or do I have to fiddle with discovery settings?

Thanks
    Mark

I answered the question a couple of days ago https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...13#post1560313

Unfortunately, it's too much hustle to upgrade devices and settings from HS3 to HS4, and it's not really clean, so it reduces reliability. So clean new install is better option, sorry.

Comment

Every other PI I use has made upgrading from the HS3 version to 4 pretty easy - so this is disappointing tbh. can the two PI's run side by side? How long will you keep developing the HS3 PI for?

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
        How long will you keep developing the HS3 PI for?
        I don't develop plugins for HS3

Comment

Ambiguous comment. So you are no longer developing the HS3 version. ok. And so, can the two run side by side so I can transition devices over? I have a lot of events and configuration I want to keep working is all.

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
            can the two PI's run side by side

​No, but you can install HS3 and HS4 side-by-side.

Comment

Working...
            X