Keeps adding more child devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    Correct, the auto setting only discovered 2 devices out of 7. Interestingly, one of the devices discovered was showing as status unknown on most of its child devices. Thats where the HS4 version is going to help, the RSSI child device will help me moving my AP's so maybe that'll be more reliable. Its RSSI was -71 hence the status unkown. I am only running HS4. What I meant were the AK Shelly HS3 PI and HS4 PI. I should have been more clear. So currently due to reverting to my backup I am running the HS3 version of the PI, so want to give it another try to install the HS4 version. Given the issues I had when I first tried, I want to get rid of any information the HS3 Pi stores, and have a clean install of the HS4 PI.

I'll keep everything on this thread now.
    Yes, just delete all Shelly devices - the device itself stores the info.

Regarding "hence the status unkown" - don't try guessing, just check the log.

And to troubleshoot the mDNS (Zeroconf) discovery - you can try attached ServiceBrowser

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-11-01 (1).png
Views:	65
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1573515

[ATTACH]n1573514[/ATTACH]

Comment

On Windows the best mDNS provider is Apple Bonjour https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        On Windows the best mDNS provider is Apple Bonjour https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999
        Should I change from auto to apple as mdns ?

So best id to delete the HS3 PI, then all shelly devices, then install the HS4 version

Comment

Should I change from auto to apple as mdns ?

So best id to delete the HS3 PI, then all shelly devices, then install the HS4 version
          Since Bonjour is the best provider - it will be selected automatically after plugin restart (MonoZeroconf).

Yes, please delete all Shelly devices.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Yes, just delete all Shelly devices - the device itself stores the info.

Regarding "hence the status unkown" - don't try guessing, just check the log.

And to troubleshoot the mDNS (Zeroconf) discovery - you can try attached ServiceBrowser

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-11-01 (1).png
Views:	65
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1573515

[ATTACH]n1573514[/ATTACH]
            Just having another go at installing the HS4 version. I have deleted all devices, uninstalled the PI, and now installed the beta. It has discovered 3 deives so far out of 7. In case it doesnt discover the others, I wanted to download the ServiceBrowser but there is no link/file on your post

Comment

This time it seems to have gone smoothly. Everything is there and working.

Comment

I wanted to download the ServiceBrowser but there is no link/file on your post
                ServiceBrowser.zip​ was attached in my post

Comment

Working...
                X