No announcement yet.

RESOLVED - TCP Profile wont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confident that Big5 does send out the message if it says so in the log. Your new problem is in the format of the data IMHO. Also the firewall(s) are the usual suspect in cases like that.

I advised you to use Packet Sender as a TCP server to receive the message sent out by Big5. To do so please go to File->Settings->Network and enable TCP Server, also select a TCP port not used by anything else on your network. Point your Big5 TCP profile (you may create a new TCP profile just for testing) to Packet Sender Server IP and port #.
    Another benefit of using Packet Sender as a server is that it will display in hex code everything that it receives including hidden invisible parasite characters that may be embedded in the string and that may confuse your TiVo.
    BTW this reminds me of the /r and /n characters a.k.a. <CR> and <LF> that are required sometimes at the end. They maybe inserted automatically by your Telnet client and are not inserted by Big5. You may add them at the end of your string in format \r \n.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
      I'm confident that Big5 does send out the message if it says so in the log. Your new problem is in the format of the data IMHO. Also the firewall(s) are the usual suspect in cases like that.

I advised you to use Packet Sender as a TCP server to receive the message sent out by Big5. To do so please go to File->Settings->Network and enable TCP Server, also select a TCP port not used by anything else on your network. Point your Big5 TCP profile (you may create a new TCP profile just for testing) to Packet Sender Server IP and port #.
      Another benefit of using Packet Sender as a server is that it will display in hex code everything that it receives including hidden invisible parasite characters that may be embedded in the string and that may confuse your TiVo.
      BTW this reminds me of the /r and /n characters a.k.a. <CR> and <LF> that are required sometimes at the end. They maybe inserted automatically by your Telnet client and are not inserted by Big5. You may add them at the end of your string in format \r \n.
      Wooo hooo! Ending the command with CR & LF was what was needed. Thanks for your support and patience.

Comment

Working...
      X