Strange behaviour (a bug?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange behaviour (a bug?)

I've noticed that the event created to run Big5 profile sometimes doesn't get expected results (the device created by Big5 is not updated).

In such case when I go to the configuration of the plugin I see that the profiles I created (I have two of them) are missing and instead of them there is some test profile which I deleted long time ago - see screenshots:

Proper profiles which are existing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Correct profiles.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1475444

And the "ghost" one which appears instead of them:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrong profiles.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1475443

When this happen, if I open the event for editing, the profile name is missing in the action section.

Disabling/enabling the plugin doesn't change anything, the only way to get everything back to normal is to shutdown HomeSeer and start it again.

Not a bug. Not aware of anything like that. Not reported by anyone else. I have multiple profiles for months on two testing environments and they never disappear nor old deleted profiles re-appear.
    Big5 uses it's own config file to remember profiles, so that your profiles are not lost when you disable and even delete Big5 and reinstall it. The only way old "deleted" profiles will show up again is if somehow your config file was restored from an older back up. It's all at your system level and HS4 level. It is normal for Events not to act properly when profiles are messed up.

Comment

OK, but I didn't do any restoration of the backups so I have no idea why it would be restored by itself and only that file (there is no problem with other devices or plugins added or configured since last backup)

It seems that there is some left config file somewhere in the system (maybe left when changed regular version to beta?) which sometimes is taken into consideration?

Where is the Big5 config files stored?
      Maybe there is something left in that folder?

Comment

In the main HS4 directory look for config/JSON file (not executable or app file) named

HSPI_Big5HS4.exe

do not change, rename or remove please. If in doubt than delete Big5 altogether and delete this file as well as any other Big5 related files. Re-install Big5. It will create a fresh new config file that will be blank. You need to re-create your Big5 profiles.

Comment

Working...
        X