Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to completely remove and re-install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to completely remove and re-install?

I just started to re-examine BIG5 HS4. However, I'm getting all kinds of errors when trying to create or delete a profile. It's not worth the time right now to go into all the details so I'd like to know how to completely remove BIG5 and all that it may leave behind. I'll then install it fresh from scratch. I don't have anything in the plugin that I care to save. I want to start fresh.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Plug-ins —> Installed —>Delete

Plug-ins—> Install plug-in —> Find it on the list —> Install

Comment

I did that. But after I reinstalled it and open the plugin some old profiles reappeared. How do I get rid of everything?

Comment

This is strange and should be referred to HomeSeer HS4 support to address. HS4 should delete all files related to a plug-in upon plug-in deletion from HS4 interface.
        Anyhow if you want to know where Big5HS4 files are than

Main HS4 directory - 3 files names starting with HSPI_Big5HS4
        Bin folder - find subfolder named Big5HS4
        Data folder - find subfolder named Big5HS4

Delete all of the above. This assumes that you didn't play with the legacy Big5 that has a different file structure.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
          This is strange and should be referred to HomeSeer HS4 support to address. HS4 should delete all files related to a plug-in upon plug-in deletion from HS4 interface.
          Anyhow if you want to know where Big5HS4 files are than

Main HS4 directory - 3 files names starting with HSPI_Big5HS4
          Bin folder - find subfolder named Big5HS4
          Data folder - find subfolder named Big5HS4

Delete all of the above. This assumes that you didn't play with the legacy Big5 that has a different file structure.
          It has been a while, but I think I remember having the HS3 version installed at some point. Where can I look for those files as well?
          Thanks!

Comment

Legacy Big5 has all of it's files in the main HS4 directory. They start with HSPI_Big5. .... without the HS4 suffix.

BTW forgot html folder in the above response about Big5HS4

html folder - find a subfolder named Big5HS4

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
              Legacy Big5 has all of it's files in the main HS4 directory. They start with HSPI_Big5. .... without the HS4 suffix.

BTW forgot html folder in the above response about Big5HS4

html folder - find a subfolder named Big5HS4
              All done, thanks. Found some .json files also and got rid of them also.

Comment

Working...
              X