Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I noticed last night that my Big5HS4 Serial triggers and actions are not working.

When I open an event I see "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." where the serial actions and triggers should be.

When I open an action/trigger instead of seeing Big5HS4-SerialAction or Big5HS4-SerialTrigger I see Big5HS4-UdpAction and Big5HS4-UdpTrigger with no parameters.

If I change the Action/Trigger back to the Big5 Serial one my Serial profile and all my Input Message are blank.

I am running Big5HS4 BETA Plugin version 3.35.0.0

How do this happen and how do I get my old Serial Actions/Triggers back please?

Thanks
    Richard

Hello?

Can I please get some assistance with this issue?

Thanks
    Richard

Comment

Not sure what's going on, but a simple thing to do is to re-program the event and see if the issue persist. Also please check that the referenced profile does exist. Your screenshot shows that you're trying to use UDP action. Technically UDP is not available in Big5HS4. It was introduced briefly on a test basis in a beta but removed in later versions.

Comment

I have a LOT of events that took me ages to get setup, so not keen to have to redo them all.

I might restore a backup of HS4 from a couple of months ago and see if a previous version of the Big5 plugin is OK, I suspect it broke when I updated the BETA recently.

If I want to get off the BETA and back to the normal version, can I just Install the normal BIG5HS4 to replace the BETA?

Richard

Comment

Yes, installing the regular instead of the beta version is O.K.

Comment

Working...
          X