Plugin installation failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin installation failed

Trying to install Big6 plugin on a Raspberry Pi 4 running the latest version of HS4.
    I have attached the log file with the error. Any ideas on how to help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Rory Sorry for the delay. I needed time to reproduce the problem as my test machine is Windows. Anyhow. Problem is fixed now in the latest beta release. Please use the beta version.

Comment

risquare Thanks, the beta version installed fine.

Comment

I had this issue with a new installation as well. The plugin is installing the files with lower case and trying to reference upper case files. I ended up having to copy the big6.css and big6.js files to upper case filenames and modifying the permissions to be the same as everything else in the directory. This wouldn't be a problem on a Windows system, but anyone with a Linux system would have the issue.

Package file not found: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates4/Big 6 Communications3.34.0.0/Big6.css
        Package file not found: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates4/Big 6 Communications3.34.0.0/Big6.js

Comment

This appears to still not be fixed. Trying to install on my HS4 Ubuntu server and the plugin fails to install.

Comment

Is your MONO up do date. Same problem with other plug-ins. Here is the take by HS4 developer

Hello,

The issue is that your system needs a slightly newer version of MONO in order to support this plugin. Are you familiar with Linux? If so, you can pretty easily update to the latest version of MONO (6.12) by updating your repository location.

You can first try to see if the repository for your Linux has the update.

SSH to the box and enter:

sudo apt-get update
            sudo apt-get upgrade

Then check the version of MONO with:

mono --version

See if the version changed. I suspect you already have the latest from that repository.

If none of this makes any sense, let me know and I can post more detailed instructions.

To update your repository, see the link below (use Ubuntu 16)

Download - Stable | Mono (mono-project.com)

We are looking to see if we can make this process easier using the 911 page.

Comment

Updated mono "Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.179" still the same exact errors when trying to install...

Comment

One suspect was the use of Cap letters in file names. This was changed and Big6 doesn't use cap letters in file names anymore. Let us know if there is still something left that we didn't notice.

Comment

No matter what I do I still see in the log file it trying to reference the uppercase filenames. I've tried to clean out all the remnants of the failed install: ./bin, ./Updates4 ./Grammar ./html... Is there somewhere else it could still be getting this reference?Click image for larger version  Name:	log.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.7 KB ID:	1551536

Comment

Here is what I 've got from the developers

Comment

Ok... My fault... I wasn't using the beta....The beta installs fine. Man I have to stop doing this stuff after a long day at work....

Comment

Working...
                      X