New to Big6 and need help with simple MQTT lightswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Big6 and need help with simple MQTT lightswitch

I've read through the documentation and think I have a slight grasp on how the plugin works. So far I have a couple of profiles setup that successfully update the status of the associated device ("ON" or "OFF"). Is there a way to add functionality, where a set of buttons associated with the associated device on the web interface would be able to control the lights through big six? Sorry if I missed something simple.

lorenjz

Yes, of course. You need to use Big6 MQTT action. It is available in HS4 event setup. Look at the drop down menu of possible actions and You'll see a list of 7 (seven) Big6 actions. One of them is Big6 MQTT action. Select this action than select your MQTT profile. Use the filed "Message" to enter the MQTT payload (command) that will trigger the desired action at your device. Consult with device's vendor what the command should be.
    If you are using the popular Tasmota driven lights than the command is simply

on
    off
    ${val1234}

where 1234 is an example of the ref number of your HS4 device that holds the dim level in case you want to dim the light. Put the real ref number here.

Comment

Working...
    X