Application notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application notes

I don't see anywhere notes on how to use this. Could someone show an event or two on how this plug-in is applied or a link to application notes.
    Thanks

All it does is allows you to pick a device and set that the default ramp light colors are for it. An easier way to set the ramp colors than going into the settings page in the Z-Wave settings page to set it manually. Rather simple to use, just try it and you'll see in the config page that's all you can do.

If you use the switch in Status mode (separate LED's set individually) then it does nothing.

Comment

There's info on GitHub: https://github.com/DoctorMcKay/HSPI_WX200MultiStatus

Let me know if this doesn't answer your questions.
      ​​​​​​
      ​​
      Originally posted by George View Post
      All it does is allows you to pick a device and set that the default ramp light colors are for it. An easier way to set the ramp colors than going into the settings page in the Z-Wave settings page to set it manually. Rather simple to use, just try it and you'll see in the config page that's all you can do.

If you use the switch in Status mode (separate LED's set individually) then it does nothing.
      I think you're thinking about some other plugin.

Comment

Hey, great, I didn't know you could use it with triggers! Great feature. All I as able to see is the base config options in the plugin.

Thanks for pointing to the doc.

And you wrote it in C#, love it! Something I can relate to. Old iOS Objective-C dev here...
        g

Comment

Hey, great, I didn't know you could use it with triggers! Great feature. All I as able to see is the base config options in the plugin.

Thanks for pointing to the doc.

And you wrote it in C#, love it! Something I can relate to. Old iOS Objective-C dev here...
          g
          I think you were thinking about Idle Light Colors rather than Multi-Status? Idle Light Colors does what you described, although it's meant to be used to change the normal mode color depending on whether a switch is on or off. I use it along with "bottom LED on when load is off" to make the bottom LED blue when the load is off, which is a more subtle off color.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post

I think you were thinking about Idle Light Colors rather than Multi-Status? Idle Light Colors does what you described, although it's meant to be used to change the normal mode color depending on whether a switch is on or off. I use it along with "bottom LED on when load is off" to make the bottom LED blue when the load is off, which is a more subtle off color.
            That's probably why I couldn't find it. It's not in the HS3 updater. Is is HS4 only?

Comment

That's probably why I couldn't find it. It's not in the HS3 updater. Is is HS4 only?
              Yeah, Multi-Status is HS4 only because I submitted it after the cutoff for HS3 plugins.

Comment

Thanks for the inputs. I'm just trying to use the LEDs for simple announcements. I've had no success using HS-WX200/HS-FC200 LED Action. Setting all the LEDs on a switch to flash should be simple enough but it isn't consistent. Most of the time the switch needs to be turned on manually before it begins to flash. Other times it flashes at a very high rate. I was hoping this plug-in would work but at first look it seems to do the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                X