Wish list of improvements for plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish list of improvements for plugin

Starting a new thread to help Michael McSharry as he takes over the plugin management. Please feel free to add/delete ideas. Thanks.

Issue with the hub getting out of sync with homeseer: Poll option?

Devices to be updated:

Hampton Bay Fan Controller missing Auto/Breeze
    Sinope TH1300ZB Thermostat - Perhaps all thermostat types?

Wish list:

Some form of heartbeat that can be used in Homeseer to tell when the connection is lost - i.e. Hubitat is down or something else is going on.

Thank you for the initiative and providing focus areas to help me with the transition

Comment

I have been playing with Hubitat Elevation for the past couple of days to understand its operation and how the plugin manages it. I have an Iris motion, Xiaomi Door/Window and Xiaomi Vibration sensors with me and was surprised to see that the Xiaomi devices were not supported directly by Hubitat. I did browse the Hubitat Community and get the picture of the constraints. John also advised that I stay away from them. Since these are all I have now they will work to provide a vehicle for me to learn what all is needed to update the plugin to support new devices.

I also added a poll option that can be used as a diagnostic. If it helps then it can be left or may point to an alternate method to accomplish the same objective.

The debug produced in the HS log has been expanded to include the device disclosure that is done so the plugin knows what devices to create and update status for existing devices when the plugin starts. This should help me with supporting other devices as it now shows what the Maker API is delivering and what may be needed to support the device. This information will be produced at startup and when the Rescan Devices button is pressed. The first step in supporting the Fan and Thermostat will be getting the HS log that contains this information as well as the status update event information that was already going to the log when Debug checkbox is checked.

I will be away from home for three weeks so don't have my normal environment including a HS3 that I use for development testing. I do have HS4 Alpha that has been working well for me with the Hubitat plugin. For now I will just post an update of the plugin executable as I work to get familiar and support for new devices. To use it save your existing plugin, unzip into the HS folder after disabling the current plugin you are running. Swap back if desired. I don't expect any ill-effects in HS from the updates I have done, but best to protect yourself and assure you have HS backed up.

Comment

My first and major request would be to add support for locks. The current implementation does not expose any of the lock/unlock functionality. I'd say this is a good start, and if possible lock codes support too. I would be willing to help share the full makerapi details and help test in any way I can.

I have a Schlage Zigbee lock (rock solid piece of equipment) that supports lock codes and an August Z-wave lock (completely unreliable piece of junk). If necessary, I can ship you the August lock for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by natemate View Post
          My first and major request would be to add support for locks. The current implementation does not expose any of the lock/unlock functionality. I'd say this is a good start, and if possible lock codes support too. I would be willing to help share the full makerapi details and help test in any way I can.

I have a Schlage Zigbee lock (rock solid piece of equipment) that supports lock codes and an August Z-wave lock (completely unreliable piece of junk). If necessary, I can ship you the August lock for testing.
          Switching over to Schlage Zigbee locks is high on my wish list at my house. Right now I have 5 of the Schlage Z-Wave locks and there always seem to be 1 or 2 that are showing their tails at any given time. From what I've seen with other Zigbee devices I believe the Schlage Zigbee version would be a lot more reliable and chew through fewer batteries too.

--Barry

Comment

This is what my log shows when I install the new .exe and turn on debug. Is this helpful? Thanks.

HubitatDevice:[{"name":"SimonPhone","label":"SimonPhone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"1","date":"2019-10-27T17:55:12+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"AnnaPhone","label":"AnnaPhone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"6","date":"2019-08-24T14:08:20+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"not present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"Tessa\u2019s iphone","label":"Tessa\u2019s iphone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"8","date":"2019-10-28T00:50:02+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"2","label":"MasterBedroomDad","type":"Lutron Fast Pico","id":"10","date":"2019-10-28T03:29:34+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Actuator","PushableButton","ReleasableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"5","dataType":"NUMBER","va lues":null,"pushed":"5","released":"5"},"commands":[{"command":"push"},{"command":"release"}]},{"name":"Breakfast Room Lamp","label":"Breakfast Room Lamp","type":"Generic Zigbee Outlet","id":"12","date":"2019-10-29T11:31:34+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","PowerMeter","Sensor","Actuator","O utlet"],"attributes":{"power":null,"dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"3","label":"MasterBedroomMom","type":"Lutron Fast Pico","id":"13","date":"2019-10-29T03:06:55+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Actuator","PushableButton","ReleasableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"5","dataType":"NUMBER","va lues":null,"pushed":"5","released":"5"},"commands":[{"command":"push"},{"command":"release"}]},{"name":"4","label":"MasterBedroomWall","type":"Lutron Fast Pico","id":"14","date":"2019-10-29T02:41:51+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Actuator","PushableButton","ReleasableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"5","dataType":"NUMBER","va lues":null,"pushed":"1","released":"1"},"commands":[{"command":"push"},{"command":"release"}]},{"name":"Device","label":"Tessa Bedroom Lights","type":"Generic Zigbee Outlet","id":"15","date":"2019-10-27T12:52:01+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","PowerMeter","Sensor","Actuator","O utlet"],"attributes":{"power":"0","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"on"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","label":"Mom Bedside Light","type":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","id":"34","date":"2019-10-29T03:06:56+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator", "Light","ChangeLevel"],"attributes":{"level":"0","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"co mmand":"setLevel"},{"command":"startLevelChange"},{"command" :"stopLevelChange"}]},{"name":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","label":"Dad Bedside Light","type":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","id":"35","date":"2019-10-29T04:14:34+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator", "Light","ChangeLevel"],"attributes":{"level":"0","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"co mmand":"setLevel"},{"command":"startLevelChange"},{"command" :"stopLevelChange"}]},{"name":"Amy's iPhone","label":"Amy's iPhone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"36","date":"2019-10-27T20:29:44+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"evie\u2019s iphone ","label":"evie\u2019s iphone ","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"37","date":"2019-10-28T00:51:30+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"Device","label":"Garage Door Lights","type":"Generic Zigbee Outlet","id":"38","date":null,"model":null,"manufacturer":nu ll,"capabilities":["Switch","Configuration","PowerMeter","Sensor","Actuator","O utlet"],"attributes":{"power":null,"dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":null},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5","label":"Home Theater Sensor","type":"Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5","id":"40","date":"2019-10-27T22:18:58+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["IlluminanceMeasurement","TemperatureMeasurement","Battery", "MotionSensor","Configuration","ThreeAxis","AccelerationSens or","Refresh","Sensor","TamperAlert"],"attributes":{"acceleration":"inactive","dataType":"VECTOR3 ","values":null,"battery":"100","illuminance":"0","motion":" inactive","pendingChanges":"0","tamper":"clear","temperature ":"71.6","threeAxis":"[x:-3,y:3,z:-8]"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Heartbeat","label":"Heartbeat","type":"Virtual Switch","id":"65","date":"2019-10-29T11:39:55+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Refresh"],"attributes":{"switch":"on","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"]},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Sinope TH1300ZB Thermostat","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Thermostat","type":"Sinope TH1300ZB Thermostat","id":"98","date":"2019-10-29T11:38:19+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["TemperatureMeasurement","Configuration","Refresh","Thermost at","Sensor","Actuator"],"attributes":{"coolingSetpoint":null,"dataType":"NUMBER","v alues":null,"heatingSetpoint":"75","schedule":null,"supporte dThermostatFanModes":null,"supportedThermostatModes":null,"t emperature":"74.5","thermostatFanMode":null,"thermostatMode" :"heat","thermostatOperatingState":"heating","thermostatSetp oint":"75"},"commands":[{"command":"auto"},{"command":"configure"},{"command":"cool" },{"command":"emergencyHeat"},{"command":"fanAuto"},{"comman d":"fanCirculate"},{"command":"fanOn"},{"command":"heat"},{" command":"off"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setClockTi me"},{"command":"setCoolingSetpoint"},{"command":"setHeating Setpoint"},{"command":"setSchedule"},{"command":"setThermost atFanMode"},{"command":"setThermostatMode"}]},{"name":"Master Bathroom Floor Setpoint (Virtual)","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Setpoint (Virtual)","type":"Virtual Temperature Sensor","id":"100","date":"2019-10-27T01:41:06+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["TemperatureMeasurement"],"attributes":{"temperature":"75","dataType":"NUMBER","value s":null},"commands":[{"command":"setTemperature"}]},{"name":"Hampton Bay Fan Component","label":"Porch Fan","type":"Hampton Bay Fan Component","id":"130","date":"2019-10-20T19:38:57+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator","FanControl"],"attributes":{"level":"100","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"speed":"off","switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"cycleSpeed"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"}, {"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setLevel"},{"command":"set Speed"}]},{"name":"Hampton Bay Light Component","label":"Porch Fan Light","type":"Hampton Bay Light Component","id":"131","date":"2019-10-20T19:38:13+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator","Light","ChangeL evel"],"attributes":{"level":"100","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"comma nd":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setLevel"},{"com mand":"startLevelChange"},{"command":"stopLevelChange"}]},{"name":"Master Bathroom Floor Power (Virtual)","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Power (Virtual)","type":"Virtual Switch","id":"161","date":"2019-10-27T01:49:47+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Refresh"],"attributes":{"switch":"on","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"]},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]}]
            Oct-29 7:40:35 AM Hubitat Debug HubitatDevice:[{"name":"SimonPhone","label":"SimonPhone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"1","date":"2019-10-27T17:55:12+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"AnnaPhone","label":"AnnaPhone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"6","date":"2019-08-24T14:08:20+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"not present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"Tessa\u2019s iphone","label":"Tessa\u2019s iphone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"8","date":"2019-10-28T00:50:02+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"2","label":"MasterBedroomDad","type":"Lutron Fast Pico","id":"10","date":"2019-10-28T03:29:34+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Actuator","PushableButton","ReleasableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"5","dataType":"NUMBER","va lues":null,"pushed":"5","released":"5"},"commands":[{"command":"push"},{"command":"release"}]},{"name":"Breakfast Room Lamp","label":"Breakfast Room Lamp","type":"Generic Zigbee Outlet","id":"12","date":"2019-10-29T11:31:34+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","PowerMeter","Sensor","Actuator","O utlet"],"attributes":{"power":null,"dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"3","label":"MasterBedroomMom","type":"Lutron Fast Pico","id":"13","date":"2019-10-29T03:06:55+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Actuator","PushableButton","ReleasableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"5","dataType":"NUMBER","va lues":null,"pushed":"5","released":"5"},"commands":[{"command":"push"},{"command":"release"}]},{"name":"4","label":"MasterBedroomWall","type":"Lutron Fast Pico","id":"14","date":"2019-10-29T02:41:51+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Actuator","PushableButton","ReleasableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"5","dataType":"NUMBER","va lues":null,"pushed":"1","released":"1"},"commands":[{"command":"push"},{"command":"release"}]},{"name":"Device","label":"Tessa Bedroom Lights","type":"Generic Zigbee Outlet","id":"15","date":"2019-10-27T12:52:01+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","PowerMeter","Sensor","Actuator","O utlet"],"attributes":{"power":"0","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"on"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","label":"Mom Bedside Light","type":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","id":"34","date":"2019-10-29T03:06:56+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator", "Light","ChangeLevel"],"attributes":{"level":"0","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"co mmand":"setLevel"},{"command":"startLevelChange"},{"command" :"stopLevelChange"}]},{"name":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","label":"Dad Bedside Light","type":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","id":"35","date":"2019-10-29T04:14:34+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator", "Light","ChangeLevel"],"attributes":{"level":"0","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"co mmand":"setLevel"},{"command":"startLevelChange"},{"command" :"stopLevelChange"}]},{"name":"Amy's iPhone","label":"Amy's iPhone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"36","date":"2019-10-27T20:29:44+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"evie\u2019s iphone ","label":"evie\u2019s iphone ","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"37","date":"2019-10-28T00:51:30+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"Device","label":"Garage Door Lights","type":"Generic Zigbee Outlet","id":"38","date":null,"model":null,"manufacturer":nu ll,"capabilities":["Switch","Configuration","PowerMeter","Sensor","Actuator","O utlet"],"attributes":{"power":null,"dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":null},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5","label":"Home Theater Sensor","type":"Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5","id":"40","date":"2019-10-27T22:18:58+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["IlluminanceMeasurement","TemperatureMeasurement","Battery", "MotionSensor","Configuration","ThreeAxis","AccelerationSens or","Refresh","Sensor","TamperAlert"],"attributes":{"acceleration":"inactive","dataType":"VECTOR3 ","values":null,"battery":"100","illuminance":"0","motion":" inactive","pendingChanges":"0","tamper":"clear","temperature ":"71.6","threeAxis":"[x:-3,y:3,z:-8]"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Heartbeat","label":"Heartbeat","type":"Virtual Switch","id":"65","date":"2019-10-29T11:39:55+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Refresh"],"attributes":{"switch":"on","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"]},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Sinope TH1300ZB Thermostat","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Thermostat","type":"Sinope TH1300ZB Thermostat","id":"98","date":"2019-10-29T11:38:19+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["TemperatureMeasurement","Configuration","Refresh","Thermost at","Sensor","Actuator"],"attributes":{"coolingSetpoint":null,"dataType":"NUMBER","v alues":null,"heatingSetpoint":"75","schedule":null,"supporte dThermostatFanModes":null,"supportedThermostatModes":null,"t emperature":"74.5","thermostatFanMode":null,"thermostatMode" :"heat","thermostatOperatingState":"heating","thermostatSetp oint":"75"},"commands":[{"command":"auto"},{"command":"configure"},{"command":"cool" },{"command":"emergencyHeat"},{"command":"fanAuto"},{"comman d":"fanCirculate"},{"command":"fanOn"},{"command":"heat"},{" command":"off"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setClockTi me"},{"command":"setCoolingSetpoint"},{"command":"setHeating Setpoint"},{"command":"setSchedule"},{"command":"setThermost atFanMode"},{"command":"setThermostatMode"}]},{"name":"Master Bathroom Floor Setpoint (Virtual)","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Setpoint (Virtual)","type":"Virtual Temperature Sensor","id":"100","date":"2019-10-27T01:41:06+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["TemperatureMeasurement"],"attributes":{"temperature":"75","dataType":"NUMBER","value s":null},"commands":[{"command":"setTemperature"}]},{"name":"Hampton Bay Fan Component","label":"Porch Fan","type":"Hampton Bay Fan Component","id":"130","date":"2019-10-20T19:38:57+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator","FanControl"],"attributes":{"level":"100","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"speed":"off","switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"cycleSpeed"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"}, {"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setLevel"},{"command":"set Speed"}]},{"name":"Hampton Bay Light Component","label":"Porch Fan Light","type":"Hampton Bay Light Component","id":"131","date":"2019-10-20T19:38:13+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator","Light","ChangeL evel"],"attributes":{"level":"100","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"comma nd":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setLevel"},{"com mand":"startLevelChange"},{"command":"stopLevelChange"}]},{"name":"Master Bathroom Floor Power (Virtual)","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Power (Virtual)","type":"Virtual Switch","id":"161","date":"2019-10-27T01:49:47+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Refresh"],"attributes":{"switch":"on","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"]},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]}]
            Oct-29 7:40:33 AM Hubitat Debug HubitatDevice:[{"name":"SimonPhone","label":"SimonPhone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"1","date":"2019-10-27T17:55:12+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"AnnaPhone","label":"AnnaPhone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"6","date":"2019-08-24T14:08:20+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"not present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"Tessa\u2019s iphone","label":"Tessa\u2019s iphone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"8","date":"2019-10-28T00:50:02+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"2","label":"MasterBedroomDad","type":"Lutron Fast Pico","id":"10","date":"2019-10-28T03:29:34+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Actuator","PushableButton","ReleasableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"5","dataType":"NUMBER","va lues":null,"pushed":"5","released":"5"},"commands":[{"command":"push"},{"command":"release"}]},{"name":"Breakfast Room Lamp","label":"Breakfast Room Lamp","type":"Generic Zigbee Outlet","id":"12","date":"2019-10-29T11:31:34+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","PowerMeter","Sensor","Actuator","O utlet"],"attributes":{"power":null,"dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"3","label":"MasterBedroomMom","type":"Lutron Fast Pico","id":"13","date":"2019-10-29T03:06:55+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Actuator","PushableButton","ReleasableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"5","dataType":"NUMBER","va lues":null,"pushed":"5","released":"5"},"commands":[{"command":"push"},{"command":"release"}]},{"name":"4","label":"MasterBedroomWall","type":"Lutron Fast Pico","id":"14","date":"2019-10-29T02:41:51+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Actuator","PushableButton","ReleasableButton"],"attributes":{"numberOfButtons":"5","dataType":"NUMBER","va lues":null,"pushed":"1","released":"1"},"commands":[{"command":"push"},{"command":"release"}]},{"name":"Device","label":"Tessa Bedroom Lights","type":"Generic Zigbee Outlet","id":"15","date":"2019-10-27T12:52:01+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","PowerMeter","Sensor","Actuator","O utlet"],"attributes":{"power":"0","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"on"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","label":"Mom Bedside Light","type":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","id":"34","date":"2019-10-29T03:06:56+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator", "Light","ChangeLevel"],"attributes":{"level":"0","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"co mmand":"setLevel"},{"command":"startLevelChange"},{"command" :"stopLevelChange"}]},{"name":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","label":"Dad Bedside Light","type":"Generic Zigbee Bulb","id":"35","date":"2019-10-29T04:14:34+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Configuration","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator", "Light","ChangeLevel"],"attributes":{"level":"0","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"co mmand":"setLevel"},{"command":"startLevelChange"},{"command" :"stopLevelChange"}]},{"name":"Amy's iPhone","label":"Amy's iPhone","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"36","date":"2019-10-27T20:29:44+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"evie\u2019s iphone ","label":"evie\u2019s iphone ","type":"Mobile App Device","id":"37","date":"2019-10-28T00:51:30+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["PresenceSensor","Sensor","Notification"],"attributes":{"notificationText":null,"dataType":"ENUM","va lues":["present","not present"],"presence":"present"},"commands":[{"command":"arrived"},{"command":"departed"},{"command":"dev iceNotification"}]},{"name":"Device","label":"Garage Door Lights","type":"Generic Zigbee Outlet","id":"38","date":null,"model":null,"manufacturer":nu ll,"capabilities":["Switch","Configuration","PowerMeter","Sensor","Actuator","O utlet"],"attributes":{"power":null,"dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":null},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"}, {"command":"on"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5","label":"Home Theater Sensor","type":"Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5","id":"40","date":"2019-10-27T22:18:58+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["IlluminanceMeasurement","TemperatureMeasurement","Battery", "MotionSensor","Configuration","ThreeAxis","AccelerationSens or","Refresh","Sensor","TamperAlert"],"attributes":{"acceleration":"inactive","dataType":"VECTOR3 ","values":null,"battery":"100","illuminance":"0","motion":" inactive","pendingChanges":"0","tamper":"clear","temperature ":"71.6","threeAxis":"[x:-3,y:3,z:-8]"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Heartbeat","label":"Heartbeat","type":"Virtual Switch","id":"65","date":"2019-10-29T11:39:55+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Refresh"],"attributes":{"switch":"on","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"]},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Sinope TH1300ZB Thermostat","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Thermostat","type":"Sinope TH1300ZB Thermostat","id":"98","date":"2019-10-29T11:38:19+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["TemperatureMeasurement","Configuration","Refresh","Thermost at","Sensor","Actuator"],"attributes":{"coolingSetpoint":null,"dataType":"NUMBER","v alues":null,"heatingSetpoint":"75","schedule":null,"supporte dThermostatFanModes":null,"supportedThermostatModes":null,"t emperature":"74.5","thermostatFanMode":null,"thermostatMode" :"heat","thermostatOperatingState":"heating","thermostatSetp oint":"75"},"commands":[{"command":"auto"},{"command":"configure"},{"command":"cool" },{"command":"emergencyHeat"},{"command":"fanAuto"},{"comman d":"fanCirculate"},{"command":"fanOn"},{"command":"heat"},{" command":"off"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setClockTi me"},{"command":"setCoolingSetpoint"},{"command":"setHeating Setpoint"},{"command":"setSchedule"},{"command":"setThermost atFanMode"},{"command":"setThermostatMode"}]},{"name":"Master Bathroom Floor Setpoint (Virtual)","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Setpoint (Virtual)","type":"Virtual Temperature Sensor","id":"100","date":"2019-10-27T01:41:06+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["TemperatureMeasurement"],"attributes":{"temperature":"75","dataType":"NUMBER","value s":null},"commands":[{"command":"setTemperature"}]},{"name":"Hampton Bay Fan Component","label":"Porch Fan","type":"Hampton Bay Fan Component","id":"130","date":"2019-10-20T19:38:57+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator","FanControl"],"attributes":{"level":"100","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"speed":"off","switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"cycleSpeed"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"}, {"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setLevel"},{"command":"set Speed"}]},{"name":"Hampton Bay Light Component","label":"Porch Fan Light","type":"Hampton Bay Light Component","id":"131","date":"2019-10-20T19:38:13+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator","Light","ChangeL evel"],"attributes":{"level":"100","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"comma nd":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setLevel"},{"com mand":"startLevelChange"},{"command":"stopLevelChange"}]},{"name":"Master Bathroom Floor Power (Virtual)","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Power (Virtual)","type":"Virtual Switch","id":"161","date":"2019-10-27T01:49:47+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Refresh"],"attributes":{"switch":"on","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"]},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"command":"refresh"}]}]
            Oct-29 7:40:31 AM Hubitat Debug HubitatDevice:[{"active":true,"id":1,"name":"Day"},{"active":false,"id":2," name":"Evening"},{"active":false,"id":3,"name":"Night"},{"ac tive":false,"id":4,"name":"Away"}]

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              I have been playing with Hubitat Elevation for the past couple of days to understand its operation and how the plugin manages it. I have an Iris motion, Xiaomi Door/Window and Xiaomi Vibration sensors with me and was surprised to see that the Xiaomi devices were not supported directly by Hubitat. I did browse the Hubitat Community and get the picture of the constraints. John also advised that I stay away from them. Since these are all I have now they will work to provide a vehicle for me to learn what all is needed to update the plugin to support new devices.

I also added a poll option that can be used as a diagnostic. If it helps then it can be left or may point to an alternate method to accomplish the same objective.

The debug produced in the HS log has been expanded to include the device disclosure that is done so the plugin knows what devices to create and update status for existing devices when the plugin starts. This should help me with supporting other devices as it now shows what the Maker API is delivering and what may be needed to support the device. This information will be produced at startup and when the Rescan Devices button is pressed. The first step in supporting the Fan and Thermostat will be getting the HS log that contains this information as well as the status update event information that was already going to the log when Debug checkbox is checked.

I will be away from home for three weeks so don't have my normal environment including a HS3 that I use for development testing. I do have HS4 Alpha that has been working well for me with the Hubitat plugin. For now I will just post an update of the plugin executable as I work to get familiar and support for new devices. To use it save your existing plugin, unzip into the HS folder after disabling the current plugin you are running. Swap back if desired. I don't expect any ill-effects in HS from the updates I have done, but best to protect yourself and assure you have HS backed up.
              I just updated the plugin and see the option to click debug and sync every 10 minutes.

Awesome!

I still noticed even after a manual rescan my virtual switch states are not updating to it's current state.

Comment

Noticed another issue.

When I check sync @ 10 minutes and exit the config and go back into it, it's unchecked.

Comment

Expected in the the log are two types of messages. Such as:

HubitatDevice:[{"name":"SimonPhone"," ....
                  Message received: {"source":"DEVICE","name":"motion","displayName":"Motion","v alue":"inactive", ...

The "HubitatDevice" message is generated at startup, Rescan, and periodic Poll to sync. It should contain all the Hubitat devices exposed in Maker API. It is used the define HS devices and also contains current status information. This is the new info that I added.

The "Message received" message is the event message from the Maker API that reflects a change of state in a device. This is what is used to update HS DeviceValue. This was previously in the plugin.

SimonMason ... The data posted contains four HubitatDevice messages with three about SimonPhone and one that looks to be in the middle of a segment. I was expecting other types of devices such as your fan or thermostat. I was also expecting an event message associated with a change in fan or thermostat event. It would be easier to put the log information into a zipped file and attached rather than pasting the text.

Natemate ... If I was integrating hardware then it may be useful to have the hardware, but this integration is just between Maker API and plugin so should be able to do it with debug information. What I can use is the hs log debug with the version posted in #3 above (or later version when posted) that spans a startup or rescan and contains a lock event.

Mik3y ... I will look into the poll persistance, but if a rescan does not update devices then the poll will not help. The hs log with debug enabled and the newly posted version will show the status being reported by Maker API during the ReScan.

If anybody would like to email rather than post their debug data then send it to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net.

Comment

HubitatDevice:[{"name":"SimonPhone"," ....
                    Message received: {"source":"DEVICE","name":"motion","displayName":"Motion","v alue":"inactive", ...

The "HubitatDevice" message is generated at startup, Rescan, and periodic Poll to sync. It should contain all the Hubitat devices exposed in Maker API. It is used the define HS devices and also contains current status information. This is the new info that I added.

The "Message received" message is the event message from the Maker API that reflects a change of state in a device. This is what is used to update HS DeviceValue. This was previously in the plugin.

SimonMason ... The data posted contains four HubitatDevice messages with three about SimonPhone and one that looks to be in the middle of a segment. I was expecting other types of devices such as your fan or thermostat. I was also expecting an event message associated with a change in fan or thermostat event. It would be easier to put the log information into a zipped file and attached rather than pasting the text.

Natemate ... If I was integrating hardware then it may be useful to have the hardware, but this integration is just between Maker API and plugin so should be able to do it with debug information. What I can use is the hs log debug with the version posted in #3 above (or later version when posted) that spans a startup or rescan and contains a lock event.

Mik3y ... I will look into the poll persistance, but if a rescan does not update devices then the poll will not help. The hs log with debug enabled and the newly posted version will show the status being reported by Maker API during the ReScan.

If anybody would like to email rather than post their debug data then send it to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net.

It seems if I shut off homeseer, turn off or on a virtual switch, whatever is opposite of what Homeseer last saw.

Then start Homeseer, and do a rescan it doesn't pick up the virtual switch state change. I have to actually turn it off and back on to get it into sync.

Comment

Again, what I need is the debug data showing the startup/reSync traffic and the event traffic. If HS is shutdown when the event occurred then it will not know about it, but when HS starts it requests a sync. The sync data is different than the event data so perhaps the capability to attribute fields are not mapped correctly in the startup/reSync messages. I did fix the poll checkbox, but do not think it will make any difference to you in the attached. It also includes the support for the Xiaomi Vibration and Window/Door sensors as well as ability to run remotely cross-platform Windows/Linux.

Comment

Thanks updated. I think you're correct about the attributes.

What exact data do you need? It sort of contains a lot of personal stuff..... Names of family members and such.

I'm sure you don't care, but I'm weird like that.

"id":"1538","date":"2019-10-29T22:59:15+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","Refresh","Actuator"],"attributes":{"switch":"off","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"]},"commands":[{"command":"flash"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{" com mand":"refresh"}]},{"name":"Pause - Laundry Room Lights","label":"Pause - Laundry Room Lights","type":"Virtual Switch",

Comment

I am looking for the line that starts with "HubitatDevice:[{"name":"xxx" where xxx is the Hubitat name of device that is being investigated. In that line there is a section for Capabilities and one for Attributes. The Capabilities map to HS Devices and Attributes map into the DeviceValue of those devices. The plugin needs to figure out which Attribute is associated with which Capability. It needs to do the same thing with the Event messages (that appear to be working correctly). If you also had an event message then that may help. You can redact anything that looks personal in the body of these messages.

For testing purposes the easiest process to to repeat the test you described above where the end point is changed when HS or plugin is not running. Start plugin/HS. Change the end point state. There should be one "HubitatDevice" and one "Message received" line in the log for the device of interest.

Comment

It appears that the new plugin does break something. My Pico remotes no longer work. I switched back and forth between the released plugin and the new versions. I have events that trigger from the Pico remotes in homeseer. Events do not trigger on the two versions in this thread.

Comment

Yeah, I am not really sure what I am doing or what I need to do to get you the information you need. Also cutting and paste from the Homeseer log is a PIA. It has always annoyed me that you can't export this easily to text without buying a plugin or installing a hack?

I do see information in the dump about Hampton Bay Fan and Sinope Thermostat - this is not the information you need?

{"name":"Hampton Bay Fan Component","label":"Porch Fan","type":"Hampton Bay Fan Component","id":"130","date":"2019-10-20T19:38:57+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator","FanControl"],"attributes":{"level":"100","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"speed":"off","switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"cycleSpeed"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on "}, {"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setLevel"},{"command":" set Speed"}]},{"name":"Hampton Bay Light Component","label":"Porch Fan Light","type":"Hampton Bay Light Component","id":"131","date":"2019-10-20T19:38:13+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Switch","SwitchLevel","Refresh","Actuator","Light","Cha ngeL evel"],"attributes":{"level":"100","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"],"switch":"off"},"commands":[{"command":"off"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{"co mma nd":"on"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setLevel"},{"c om mand":"startLevelChange"},{"command":"stopLevelChange"}]}

{"name":"Sinope TH1300ZB Thermostat","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Thermostat","type":"Sinope TH1300ZB Thermostat","id":"98","date":"2019-10-29T11:38:19+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["TemperatureMeasurement","Configuration","Refresh","Ther most at","Sensor","Actuator"],"attributes":{"coolingSetpoint":null,"dataType":"NUMBER" ,"v alues":null,"heatingSetpoint":"75","schedule":null,"supporte dThermostatFanModes":null,"supportedThermostatModes":null,"t emperature":"74.5","thermostatFanMode":null,"thermostatMode" :"heat","thermostatOperatingState":"heating","thermostatS etp oint":"75"},"commands":[{"command":"auto"},{"command":"configure"},{"command":"co ol" },{"command":"emergencyHeat"},{"command":"fanAuto"},{"comma n d":"fanCirculate"},{"command":"fanOn"},{"command":"heat"} ,{" command":"off"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setClockTi me"},{"command":"setCoolingSetpoint"},{"command":"setHeati ng Setpoint"},{"command":"setSchedule"},{"command":"setThermost atFanMode"},{"command":"setThermostatMode"}]},{"name":"Master Bathroom Floor Setpoint (Virtual)","label":"Master Bathroom Floor Setpoint (Virtual)","type":"Virtual Temperature Sensor","id":"100","date":"2019-10-27T01:41:06+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["TemperatureMeasurement"],"attributes":{"temperature":"75","dataType":"NUMBER","va lue s":null},"commands":[{"command":"setTemperature"}]}

I thought I was capturing what you needed but apparently I only grabbed a small portion of it? Is there anyway you can put a button on the config screen that generates the information, or something like that, or is the only way to do this by the method described?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X