Device trigger issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device trigger issue

I have a problem that occurs from time to time (maybe every couple of weeks) when events in homeseer do not trigger based on hubitat device changes.

I have a Lutron hub connected to hubitat.
    I have pico remotes connected to the hub.
    And I have events in homeseer triggered by change in the releasablebutton devices created by the hubitat plugin

Last night the buttons on the pico remotes triggered no responses. Checked the log - nothing. However manual control of the devices was working in hubitat - so the plugin was working to a degree.
    Restarted the plugin and everything worked fine.

This specific issue was with the pushable button on the Pico remote. I also noticed that any activity with these buttons is not logged even though I have the flag off on "do not log".

I thought I would post to see if anyone else is having a similar issue. Last time it happened was late at night so I didn't have time to investigate. If it happens again I will hopefully be able to run some more testing. Thanks.

If you have debug enabled then then hubitat - HS iterations will be logged in the debug file. Expected behavior is a http... line when the command is sent byh HS and this should be followed by message received line when Hubitat sends the update confirming its action.

Comment

I thought restarting the plugin created a new log file. I now realize that the log file is not sorted by date? I searched through the log and I don't see any evidence of the devices triggering when I was having the problem - then they are showing after the restart of the plugin. So not much to go on at this point.

Comment

I am having this issue again with one device. It is a presence sensor and is showing up to date in Hubitat but stopped updating in Homeseer a while back. I don't see anything in the debug log - but the log is only tracking the last couple of days and this happened a while back. Before I start deleting and re-adding the device I thought I would check here first to see if there is anything I should look at first? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 3.46.23 PM.png
Views:	198
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1343389Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 3.46.02 PM.png
Views:	183
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1343390

Comment

Updates occur when an event comes from Hubitat or when you use the Sync button. Using the sync button will put data in the log. Changing state of the sensor will send event message which is also in the log.

Comment

So the device in Homeseer is not updating when it changes in Hubitat. So something is definitely not working correctly. I will try deleting it from Homeseer and synchronizing again.

Comment

It would be better to understand why the HS device is not updating and if you delete it then the investigation starts over again after it happens the next time.

Comment

Ok, I will play with it some more. I hit the "Simulate from /Data/hubitat/hubitat_simulate.json" button and everything synchronized. I am not sure exactly what this button does but everything is now up to date. Now when I trigger the device it is updating in Homeseer. I am going to play around with it some more to see if everything stays synchronized.

Comment

The log should contain all device events delivered from MakerAPI so it it happens again what is of interest is the log to confirm that the event was reported and if reported then if anything looks fishy about it.

Comment

On the HS4 version of the plugin I implemented the resync as a control so you can setup an event to command it hourly, daily or whatever seems to fit your situation. Still would like to understand why sync is being lost.

Comment

That sounds great. I am looking forward to HS4 but as with all upgrades it will take some time for all of the plug-ins to be updated - unless this version will allow legacy plug-ins to work?

I am now starting to question if the issue is on the Hubitat side. My tests are inconclusive for now but I am seeing some anomalies in the log on the Hubitat. I am tracking two different presence indicators - wifi and the hubitat app. And both are flaky.

Comment

There are pros and cons of making a plugin upgradable vs making a new plugin. For Hubitat I made a new plugin. You can run both together in HS4. This allows a user to slowly migrate the Hubitat to HS4 as confidence is gained in the HS4 plugin. The downside is that new devices will be created so whatever events etc are setup with old devices will need to be redone with new plugin.

Good luck with your investigation

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                          So the device in Homeseer is not updating when it changes in Hubitat. So something is definitely not working correctly. I will try deleting it from Homeseer and synchronizing again.
                          I am having the same issue, but it is spotty.
                          My system:
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                          3.0.8.0: Hubitat
                          Hubitat Elevation® Platform Version 2.2.0.122

Light bulbs seem to be the best for working both ways in Hubitat and HomeSeer. Other things are not so good.

For example, I added a Securifi Peanut ON/OFF switch. This is a wall plug that also provides energy use. I can control it very well from HomeSeer, but the status does not update. On the other hand, the energy use does update. I deleted all of the devices associated with this plug in HomeSeer and added it back with the same result.

I have an old Orbit Iris zigbee water valve that I added to Hubitat and brought into HomeSeer. I cannot control it from HomeSeer, but it updates nicely in HomeSeer, when I change the state of the valve with Hubitat.

The live log in Hubitat records events for those devices that I can control from HomeSeer. For the devices for which I have no control in HomeSeer, nothing is seen in the live log in Hubitat when I try to change the state of a device. I can send a debug log, if you like.

Since I have now been able to rid my system of the Osram Lightify cloud-based zigbee (HSZigbee), by transferring my half-dozen Osram Lightify bulbs to Hubitat/HomeSeer, I am otherwise happy with Hubitat and the HomeSeer plug in.

Elliott

"Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

For me to help I will need the plugin’s debug file which will show the communications between HS and Hubitat. Explain what you did and what you expected vs what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                              For me to help I will need the plugin’s debug file which will show the communications between HS and Hubitat. Explain what you did and what you expected vs what happened.
                              Michael: Thanks. I will gather the data and send to you by email. Elliott
                              "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                              "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                              X