Any thoughts about 2 way communications with Hubitat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts about 2 way communications with Hubitat

I was wondering if there has been any consideration to sending commands back to Hubitat, or update variables there based on a device status in Homeseer. I am working on some logic in Hubitat that could benefit from duplicating status of Homeseer devices in Hubitat. Would this be something that could be added? Thanks.

The heartbeat logic was implemented earlier this year. The plugin manages a counter that reflects how long it has been since Hubitat has communicated with HS. Within Hubitat a virtual device is toggled at some rate to assure that there is an update for what the desired period of time may be. HS event is setup such that if the plugin's counter gets above a value then it triggers to let you know Hubitat is AWOL.

Comment

Sorry - I butchered that question. Currently the plugin allows you to pick devices in Hubitat, which it then creates virtual devices for in Homeseer. And then the two are kept in sync. What I would be interested in is to select devices in Homeseer (that are not in Hubitat) and have it create virtual devices in Hubitat that are then kept in sync. There are some devices in Homeseer that I would like to use to cause triggers in Hubitat. Thanks.

Comment

Michael McSharry I don't know if you saw this, if it is possible, etc?

For my specific application I am (among other things) using the Hubitat as my gateway between Homeseer and Sharptools. Currently, if I have a light in Homeseer, I need to create a virtual device in Hubitat, then create a series of events to keep the Hubitat device in sync with the Homeseer device, and then display it on the Sharptools dashboard. If it was possible to specify that the device in Homeseer automatically create a virtual device in Hubitat and stay in sync, then I could eliminate a lot of the complexity on this.

I am moving off Allonis MyServer which I used for all of my touchscreens. The plugin for Allonis allows me to specify which devices in Homeseer should appear in Allonis and then it automatically creates variables over there and keeps them in sync.

Possible? Thanks.

Comment

What you are asking is for a new Hubitat Elevation App or a change to Maker API. I have never done anything inside of Hubitat so for me there is a learning curve. What would be most expedient is there was somebody who has done Groovy code inside of Hubitat Elevation for a collaboration.

Comment

That makes sense. I have never used Groovy but I can poke around too see if anyone has any interest/thoughts. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X