No announcement yet.

Adding automated shades through Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_3_9_1.zip for HS4 and http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsHubitat_3_3_9_1.zip for HS3/HS4.

Disable plugin; delete your existing Bond device from HS; unzip the .exe into the HS folder; enable plugin. This will create new HS Ref numbers so any events or scripts that use the Ref will been to be updated. The VSP ranges were also changed from positive to negative but that should be transparent.

Comment

Michael since the new plugin update (4.3.9.0) my zwave iBlinds now have a position and windowShade child created. Before I had the Switch and Switch Level and now I also have the position, windowShade, Switch and SwitchLevel. The windowShade and Switch appear to be the same (turn one on or off and they both react) The position and SwitchLevel do not react to each other, so this needs to be sorted out. When you get a chance let me know and I'll help you debug it. Have a good Thanksgiving and be Safe!

Comment

Same holiday wishes for you.

I have your debug file from before with the WindowShade capability so should have what I need. Clearly there needs to be some model-dependent logic for WindowShades capability.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          Update at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_3_9_1.zip for HS4 and http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsHubitat_3_3_9_1.zip for HS3/HS4.

Disable plugin; delete your existing Bond device from HS; unzip the .exe into the HS folder; enable plugin. This will create new HS Ref numbers so any events or scripts that use the Ref will been to be updated. The VSP ranges were also changed from positive to negative but that should be transparent.
          Thanks - this is working.

Comment

BigsteveP, I compared the BOND and iBlinds declarations and they do look very similar. iBlinds has SwitchLevel and Battery that the plugin recognizes. Actuator, Refresh, and Configuration are not used by the plugin.

Code:
            {"name":"LeftShades","label":"LeftShades","type":"BONDMotori zedShade","id":"748","date":"2020-11-01T19:14:30+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null, "capabilities":[[B]"Switch","WindowShade"[/B]], "attributes":{"position":null,"dataType":"ENUM","values" :["opening","[COLOR=#2980b9]partiallyopen[/COLOR]","closed","open","closing","unknown "],"switch":"on","windowShade":"open"}, "commands":[{"command":"[COLOR=#c0392b]close[/COLOR]"},{"command":"fixShade"},{"command":"off"} ,{"command":"on"},{"command":"[COLOR=#c0392b]open[/COLOR]"},{"command":"[COLOR=#c0392b]setPosition[/COLOR] "},{"command":"[COLOR=#27ae60]stop[/COLOR]"},{"command":"toggle"}]}]

{"name":"HT Right Office Blind","label":"HT Right Office Blind","type":"iBlinds (Community Driver)","id":"1423","date":"2020-09-03T15:30:11+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":[[B]"Switch","Battery",[/B]"Configuration"[B],"SwitchLevel",[/B]"Refresh"," Actuator"[B],"WindowShade"[/B]],"attributes":{"battery":"100","dataType":"ENUM","values" :["opening","[COLOR=#2980b9]partially open[/COLOR]","closed","open","closing","unknown"],"level":"50","position":null,"switch":"on","windowShade":"o pen"},"commands":[{"command":"[COLOR=#c0392b]close[/COLOR]"},{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off" },{"command":"on"},{"command":"[COLOR=#c0392b]open[/COLOR]"},{"command":"refresh"}, {"command":"setLevel"},{"command":"[COLOR=#c0392b]setPosition[/COLOR]"}]},

Earlier ..............Current Plugin Version
            ----------------------------------------------------------
            Switch .............. Switch .............. updates WindowShade when changed
            SwitchLevel ..... SwitchLevel ..... does not affect Position when changed
            xxxxxx .............. WindowShade
            xxxxxx .............. Position

My thinking is that WidowShade and Position are more indicative of the device where switch and switchlevel are more general. The plugin should ignore the two more general capability when WindowShade is an available capability. This would mean the iBlinds switch and switchlevel devices would no longer be updated and should be deleted from HS. Do you agree? Can you confirm if the SetPositiion command on the Position device works the same as the setLevel command for the SwitchLevel device? The same question for the WindowShade open/close vs. Switch on/off?

The stop command is another difference. This button would only be included if the stop command is present. It would not shown on the iBlinds HS device.

There are also a difference in enumeration values of "partially open" vs "partiallopen" so these will need to be normalized within the plugin.

Comment

I agree that WindowShade and Position are better than Switch and Switch Level, so that is all good. I can delete them. The position does work and updates the switch level after a few seconds. The WindowShade does turn the blind on and off. The battery level I don't see in the Bond code and I need that. There is no stop in the iBlinds device driver so I don't really reed that. Bottom line leave the position and WindowShade and het rid of the Switch and Switch Level and it's golden. Thanks Michael! Go eat some turkey!!

Comment

http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_3_9_2.zip for HS4 and http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsHubitat_3_3_9_2.zip for HS3/HS4 contain the normalization of SwitchLevel and Switch to Position and WindowShade. Battery is not affected and Stop only goes on the Bond interface for WindowShades.

Comment

OK what happens is that I installed the update (4.3.9.2) removed the switch and switch level and restart plugin. When I click open the Windowshade shows open. When the position status changes from 0 to 50 the Windowshade status (on) disappears and the position status shows 50. When I click close the Windowshade shows closed. When the position status changes from 50 to 0 the Windowshade status (off) disappears and the position status shows 0. If it helps when I look in the status graphics Windowshade is returning a value of -4 when off and -2 when on. So besides the values showing and the graphics being correct they are working (on/off-Position 0/50)

Comment

Transcription error from HS3 plugin to HS4 plugin. I was making provisions for slider in the same Feature as I did with mcsMQTT, but later decided to use two Features for Hubitat to make it more like other Hubitat devices. Give http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_3_9_3.zip a try. I also changed to positive values in HS3/HS4 plugin http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsHubitat_3_3_9_3.zip

Comment

When trying to get link I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at new.mcssprinklers.com

Comment

You were probably too quick to download. My upload speeds are very slow. Try again.

Comment

Got it and it works as expected. Thanks Michael!

Comment

Michael,
                            Blinds are fine but I'm getting this error in the HS log file:

11/28/2020 3:36:45 PM
                            mcsHubitat ERROR
                            Error
                            Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_mcsHubitat.Plugin.HubitatStateSync(Boolean simulate, Int32 instance)

11/28/2020 3:36:41 PM
                            mcsHubitat ERROR
                            Error
                            Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_mcsHubitat.Plugin.HubitatStateSync(Boolean simulate, Int32 instance)

11/28/2020 3:36:36 PM
                            mcsHubitat ERROR
                            Error

11/28/2020 3:29:40 PM
                            mcsHubitat ERROR
                            Error

11/28/2020 3:29:36 PM
                            mcsHubitat ERROR
                            Error

11/28/2020 3:29:30 PM
                            mcsHubitat ERROR
                            Error

Any ideas?

Comment

If you can provide the plugin's debug file for a time when this is happening then I should be able to see what is causing the issue.

Comment

Send you email with the debug

Comment

Working...
                                X