Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Smart Switch 6

Hi Michael

This is minor one you may (or not) want to look into as its not a biggy. I recently added a Aeon smart switch 6 to my C7 hub and it comes thru fine on HS4 with the exception that it labels the power reading as "Amps", the actual reading is correct for the power figure in Hubitat as Watts.
    Attached Files

What measurements does Energy report vs. Power if both report in units of Watts?

Comment

The energy meter totalizes the power run thru the smart switch, really is kWh but says W. The power meter measures the instantaneous power at that point in time in W.

Both have their uses but I am more interested in using power draw as a sign that the end device is doing something when the smart switch is on.

Comment

Hi Michael

I added a Fibaro Dimmer 2 device from Hubitat into HS4 and noticed the same device parameters created for it as per the Aeon switch:

Power defined as Amps
        Energy defined as Watts

Checking the Hubitat driver code and also the Fibaro pdf show that the device supports instantaneous power measured in W and accumulated energy used measured in kWh.

Could there be an error/misconfiguration in the HE plugin that assigns the incorrect SI units to these reported parameters?

Comment

I can change these. Had a computer crash and now in the process of setting up a new one. It is painfully slow now that everything is in the cloud. Updates are measured in GBs and my bandwidth is measure in KBs.

Comment

I feel your pain on that one, our broadband in Aus is not the best for most.

I just added a Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 and it does the same as dimmer and Aeon switch for power reporting.

Cheers for the help.

Comment

Source changed. Release pending update with the scene controller buttons

Comment

Cheers Michael and thanks for your efforts on this plugin, it is the only thing keeping me from ditching HS at this point, its the best plugin available in my opinion.

Comment

The version with the updates is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_3_14_0.zip for HS4 plugin and http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsHubitat_3_3_14_0.zip for the HS3/HS4 plugin. If this does not do what you were thinking then let me know what needs to be modified.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a.png
Views:	90
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1448438

Comment

Cheers, are these linux compatible?

Comment

yes. You need the .exe from the zip in HS folder or use the Updater Override process to install the full zip.

Comment

Hi Michael

The power reporting in the beta remains unchanged.

Comment

Did you remove and recreate the devices? You can also manually do the edit from HS. The update was really intended for future users.

Comment

Yep, a few times now with the other issues I'm having. Will try again.

Comment

Third times a charm, the power reporting is all correct now.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X