Tasmota Devices Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasmota Devices Not Working

I updated HomeSeer 4 to the latest version today and also saw that there was an update for the Hubitat plugin so I did that as well. All seemed to go well, or so Ithought.

As evening hit my zwave lights via maker all went on and the zwave venetians closed but the tasmota blinds didn't close. I have discovered that the C7 is no longer updating the level when the position changes in HS4. The blinds still work and can be driven via changing the level on the C7 device itself. I have tried restarting both the C7 and HS4, I have also tried removing and re-adding the blinds via maker and reconfiguring in HS4.

Whilst the plugins at both ends are working for all other devices (zwave/zigbee) and I can see log messages related to polling and response of tasmota blinds, the level information seems to have gone. This setup had been working reasonably flawlessly for months, the only recent updates have been HS4 version and elevation today. The tasmota blinds use the zemsmart driver and are picked up in HS4 via elevation as light switch dimmers 0-100% range.

Is their a way to revert to the previous version of elevation to test if that has caused the issue?

The pluign's debug file contains the communication with Hubitat. I suggest enabling this and providing the file for a period of time when the Tasmota device is being controlled. If there is a problem that needs fixing then this is where we need to look. The second thing that would be needed is the capability that the Tasmota device advertises. This is also in the debug file. You can go back to an earlier version for diagnosis but this should not be necessary.

The plugins are http://mcsSprinklers.com/version_x_y_z.w.zip where version is HSPI_mcsHubitat for HS4 pluign and mcsHubitat for HS3 plugin. For example HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_3_7_2.zip. The Updater Override process is used to install. Instructions for this process are at several places including bottom of first post at Direct Storage from HS Devices to InfluxDB - HomeSeer Message Board

Code:
     [TABLE="width: 771"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]3/13/2021 10:30[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.4.2.1 Flair Devices, Aoetec energy update[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]3/7/2021 16:16[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.4.1.0 ultraviolet for aeon multi[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]3/7/2021 16:09[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]3.4.1.0/4.4.1.0 Aeon Energy, Aeotec Multi, Thermostat sync clock[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]2/6/2021 16:01[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.4.0.3 setTemperature added[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]2/3/2021 11:33[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.4.0.2 resort on Exclusions[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]2/2/2021 18:26[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.4.0.0/3.4.0.0 Exclusions Firewall, LG for HS3[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]1/28/2021 9:58[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.3.15.0 LG ThinQ Dishwasher and Fridge added[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]1/24/2021 10:44[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.3.14.1 Speakable for Echo text[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]1/17/2021 15:56[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.3.14.0 NuHeat Thermostat Scene Controller extended buttons[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]12/27/2020 13:07[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.3.12.0 Add Virtual Values[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl63, align: right"][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]12/6/2020 8:45[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     			[TD][SIZE=15px][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri]4.3.11.0 Up to 6 hubs[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Comment

I have just realised that none of the dimmers work properly anymore either, they are all zwave fibaro 2 dimmers in the C7 and mapped to HS4 using maker.

The on/off switch still works but the level control is ignored, same beahviour as for the tasmota devices. Perhaps the issue is not device related but function related, all the devices I have that use a level control no longer respond to level changes in HS4 but work fine when driven from C7. I also noticed that after deleting and reinstalling/syncing elevation with maker that the dimmers all have a 3 button central scene controller attatched which is a new developement even though the fibaro devices in C7 have always reported 3 buttons.

All this worked fine prior to updating HS4 and mcsHubitat, one of these 2 updates has caused this to happen. I would lean heavily towards the plugin.

I will try and dig out the log file after doing some experments with one of the dimmers as these are easier to see in the logs compared to the tasmota devices.

Comment

I reset the log and restarted plugin to capture the creation of the kitchen dimmer. I then tried changing the level but no response, I deleted the device and resynced to get the dimmer back and then tried changing levels again to no avail.

You can see in the second log where the resync re-adds the parent and child devices, you may also see where the dimmer is turned on/off using switch (not level) but the level changes do not show in HS4.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just rolled back plugin to 4.4.0.0 and kitchen dimmer works again.

Comment

Rolled forward to 4.4.2.1 and dimmer stops working.

Comment

Ok tried v 4.4.1.0 and this doesn't work also, so this is the version where the change that broke my system occurred.

I am reverting to 4.4.0.0 and will run this until (hopefully) a new working version appears.

Comment

I have discovered that the C7 is no longer updating the level when the position changes in HS4.

The on/off switch still works but the level control is ignored, same beahviour as for the tasmota devices. Perhaps the issue is not device related but function related, all the devices I have that use a level control no longer respond to level changes in HS4 but work fine when driven from C7. I also noticed that after deleting and reinstalling/syncing elevation with maker that the dimmers all have a 3 button central scene controller attatched which is a new developement even though the fibaro devices in C7 have always reported 3 buttons.
                The debug information is for a Kitchen dimmer. I see it created as HS 1461 through 1467 for Hubitat device 138 Fibaro Dimmer 2. I see HS command to set 1467 to 76.01%. The command to Hubitat of setLevel/76.01 looks correct to me. How is ""http(s)://###IP###2/devices/138/setLevel/76.01?###Token### different than what is being sent with the version of the plugin that you are now running?

Code:
                4/19/2021 8:37:56 PM 334389 | SendCommand, checking CAPI 'Sync' on device 763 controlValue 100
                4/19/2021 8:37:57 PM 335125 | Parent Created: 1461 Kitchen Dimmer
                4/19/2021 8:37:57 PM 335165 | Child Created: 1462 Kitchen Dimmer Switch
                4/19/2021 8:37:57 PM 335173 | Child Created: 1463 Kitchen Dimmer EnergyMeter
                4/19/2021 8:37:57 PM 335179 | Child Created: 1464 Kitchen Dimmer PowerMeter
                4/19/2021 8:37:57 PM 335189 | Child Created: 1465 Kitchen Dimmer SwitchLevel
                4/19/2021 8:37:57 PM 335198 | Child Created: 1466 Kitchen Dimmer RampRate
                [B]4/19/2021 8:37:57 PM 335211 | Child Created: 1467 Kitchen Dimmer Zwave Light[/B]
                4/19/2021 8:37:59 PM 336866 | DoHSCommand Completed for HS Ref 763, Queue Length 1

4/19/2021 8:38:26 PM 364238 | SendCommand, checking CAPI '(value)%' [B]on device 1467 controlValue 76.01[/B]
                [B]4/19/2021 8:38:26 PM 364238 | http(s)://###IP###2/devices/138/setLevel/76.01?###Token###[/B]
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	213
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	1469731
                Device 138 reports capability of holdable/pushable/releasable button. This is the same combination that a Scene Controller reports. You can use the Mapping Exclusions Firewall that was introduced in 4.4.0.0 to exclude these from HS. The same is true to exclude either SwitchLevel or ZWave Light as it is not likely your device has both modes of operation.

The plugin does to the maximum extent does its mapping into HS based upon the capability that Hubitat reports for a device. There are some special case scenarios where model-specific information is used in the plugin such as for Fan Control capability where the Hubitat drivers use the same capability name, but the behavior that needs to be modeled in HS is different based upon Lutron vs. GE as an example.

Comment

Here is an excerpt of the log where I change the kitchen dimmer level a few times. Note that this on 4.4.0.0 which has been working fine for me, I have the hubitat device web page open and can see the dimmer level update as I make change in HS4.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I recognize the difference now. It is the ability to support both local and cloud access to Hubitat. What was asssumed is https for cloud and http for local. You must have a MakerAPI URL that uses https. I changed the approach to identification of cloud access with http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_4_3_0.zip

Code:
                    [B]http://###IP###/apps/api/2/devices/138/setLevel/56.01?###Token###[/B]
                    [COLOR=#c0392b][B]http(s)://###IP###/api/###cloudkey###/apps/2/devices/138/setLevel/76.01?###Token###[/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I have had a look in the maker config and cannot see a reference or use of HTTPS anywhere, same in HS4 mcsHubitat.

Comment

The approach to identify cloud vs local was changed in 4.4.3.0 so it should no longer get confused.

Comment

Working...
                        X