Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikea Blinds

Hi Michael

I recently purchased some Ikea Fyrtur blinds and set them up in HE. When the devices get created in HS4 by the plugin the windowshade, position and battery objects get created and I edit the graphics and ranges for the control and status section for the position object where the percentage open is being reported.

Using an event I can write to the position object and control the blind along with the position being reported back, all works fine doing this. On the device, however I can only open/close the blind as no slider bar is created after making the range/grpahics edit to the position object. I have tried deleting the windowshade object and this then allows the device to display 3 buttons: 0%, Value and 100%.

I know that typically the dimmer function is used with blinds via the switchLevel command which is how my Fibaro roller shutters have shown up using the plugin. Would it be possible to get a slider created for the position command?

The easiest way for me to add functionality is to know what MakerAPI is reporting. This is captured at startup on use of the sync/connect button from the plugin after the debug has been enabled from the config page. The debug is a .txt file in a hubitat subfolder of HS under \Data.

Comment

Hi Michael

Here is the excerpt from the debug txt I think you are after.
      Attached Files

Comment

Using your data I see the plugin creates the device with three features. It includes the slider on the position object.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1485353Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1485354

If I do an edit on the position object to put open and close buttons the slider still exists

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1485355Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1485356

If I use the slider from the Device feature for position then the expected command is sent to Hubitat

Code:
        "http://###IP###/apps/api/1/devices/168/setPosition/38?###Token###"
        Can you explain what you are doing different or what I do not understand about what you are asking.

Comment

I see what has happened. I tried to base the slider functionality on a tasmota blind and in the process I initially deleted the prebuilt slider to put in the 2 fixed end values and the middle dimmer style slider. Once you delete the original slider it cannot be recreated in HS4, a button with the text value appears instead.

I had to delete the device and resync to get the original back, then I could modify the range on the slider and add my fixed end points, as well as all my graphics for the banded range, and everything works fine. I used your example in the post above to correctly configure the control end points and I get a nicely laid out device overview box on the main page.

Interestingly I do not get an auto created stop button for the windowshade object, just the open/close ones.

Cheers for your assistance.

Comment

I was using the HS3 plugin for my test that produced the stop button. I see that the command supported by Ikea is "pause". I believe the other one was "stop". Some report capability of "WindowShade" and others "windowShade". Different logics to handle the combinations in the two plugins. If you are going to use the "pause" then I can make a plugin update.

Comment

Cheers for the offer but its all good, I am only going to use the position command to set the level for these blinds.

Also, your plugin with the latest update is rock solid, my iblinds zwave venetians I was having intermittant trouble with haven't missed a beat since the update.

Comment

Working...
              X