Event Actions to mscHubitat PI does not allow control of temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Actions to mscHubitat PI does not allow control of temperature

HS4 install on Pi4 with mcsHubitat 4.4.4.2 plugin. I can easily control the temperature HeatingSetpoint of my Zigbee thermostat from the HS4 device panel (see attachment ZigbeeDeviceHeatingSetpont.png).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ZigbeeDeviceHeatingSetpoint.png
Views:	98
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	1505564

However if I`m trying to do the same using an event, the field is greyout (see attachment EventHeatingSetpointGreyout.png) with no possibility to control the temperature.

Name:	EventHeatingsetpointGreyout.png
Views:	117
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1505563

I believe what you are seeing is a deficiency in HS4 where it does not know how to handle text box controls properly in an event. What it wants is an enumeration of integer values with a selector. Let me look into handling this for thermostat controls in the plugin.

Comment

I started down the path of changing the text box to a value selector but HST has depreciated the selector in the SDK. Looks like only slider, button and number box are now available. I do not know what HST intentions are with not supporting event number box In event action and no longer providing a number selector.

in the past with HS4 the problem was that the event actions only provided a number selector of up to 100 integers. If the range of values was greater than 100 then the user was out of luck. Likewise if the user wanted 28,5 degrees then this also was not possible because only integers were provided.

One thing I noticed is that the control use is setup as not specified. You can edit it from Devices page to make it a heating setpoint and the see if your event action can specify a setpoint.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply
        As suggested, I have made the change from :

Name:	deviceDimBefore3.png
Views:	72
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1505658

To

Name:	HeatAfter.png
Views:	73
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	1505659
        with range option Text Box

Name:	Heat-Rangeoption.png
Views:	80
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1505660

The event is provided the ability to change control with drop down :

Name:	EventNumber.png
Views:	80
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	1505661

But does change the setpoint value when the event is triggered

Attached Files

Comment

It is not clear to me if this resolves the issue or if a second issue now exists. I will update the source to create the desire ControlUse property.

Comment

I have updated HS4 to 4.2.6.0 and now I am able control my thermostat Zigbee thermostat using an event
            Probably this fix HS-1460 Events with an Ecobee thermostat setpoint action do not execute the action did the job

Thank you

Comment

Thank you for closing the loop.

Comment

Working...
              X