Button events from Hubitat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button events from Hubitat?

I don't know if I'm missing something obvious and if it makes more sense to ask this here or in one of the Hubitat forums, but...

How do I get button events from Hubitat into Homeseer? When I configure Maker API, I get to select what devices I want visible, but that doesn't include things like scene switches. What am I missing?

There are many different drivers used in Hubitat and standards do not exist for how a driver represents its capabilities and properties. It could be that the buttons or scene switches you are using are not recognized by mcsHubitat. To get them added either the mcsHubitat debug file is needed or the Maker API URL that is used when setting up mcsHubitat can be used in a browser and the returned JSON made available. The debug is preferred as it will not have formatting that often comes with browser use.

The information of interest is produced at plugin startup or when the Sync feature button is used.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      There are many different drivers used in Hubitat and standards do not exist for how a driver represents its capabilities and properties. It could be that the buttons or scene switches you are using are not recognized by mcsHubitat. To get them added either the mcsHubitat debug file is needed or the Maker API URL that is used when setting up mcsHubitat can be used in a browser and the returned JSON made available. The debug is preferred as it will not have formatting that often comes with browser use.

The information of interest is produced at plugin startup or when the Sync feature button is used.
      Just PMed you the debug log from startup, so hopefully there's something useful there. I still feel like I'm missing something on the Hubitat side to get these scene controllers to even appear in the Maker API...

Comment

In MakerAPI you need to individually enable each piece of hardware that is interface via Hubitat. When starting with Apps / Maker API you will get a gray panel with the ones that have already been selected. Click image for larger version

Name:	0.png
Views:	95
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1545452

Click on the gray panel to open up the entire list that are visible to MakerAPI. From there you can use checkbox to add to the list that MakerAPI makes visible to HS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	69
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1545453

I used your debug to simulate the input from Hubitat. Among other things there are some pushable buttons created in HS with control selectors. I did not see anything in the debug that reflects any updates from Hubitat of anything changing, nor did I see anything from HS trying to change a Hubitat device. Can you be more specific as to what you expect that you are not seeing? I did my evaluation with the HS4 plugin, but both should yield similar results.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	67
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1545454

What is being disclosed by Hubitat for the button is like below. This is the information the plugin uses to create the HS devices.
        Code:
        "capabilities":["Configuration","Actuator","Refresh","[COLOR=#c0392b]Switch[/COLOR]","[COLOR=#c0392b]PushableButton[/COLOR]"],
        "attributes":{"pushed":"1","dataType":"NUMBER","values":null ,"switch":"off","numberOfButtons":"1"},
        "commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"off"},{"command":"on"},{ "command":"push"},{"command":"refresh"}]}]
        Since it does not have a releasable and holdable capability, the plugin treats it as a "Central Scene" . I had expected HS selector to have put in the text rather than the number for the selector with labels of "Key Pressed 1 Time", "Key Released", "Key Held Down", and "Key Pressed 2 Times". I do not know how your specific button device should be modeled. There is some limited manufacturer-dependent logic, but in general I try to minimize the logic so different devices with the same capabilities can be handled generically.

Comment

Not finding the scene controllers in the list of devices to expose in Maker API was why I had made this post to begin with. But after an HE reboot, there they are and mcsHubitat finds them. Sorry to bother you for what was apparently an HE problem.

Comment

Working...
          X