Plugin not working after v4 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin not working after v4 upgrade

Hi, I've upgraded to HS4 successfully, old plugin was working fine. Bought the discounted plugin upgrade and t hasn't worked since! Add New / Bridge Maintenance Creativity alll give a 404. Tried disabling / re-enabling, restarting HS4, restarting Windows etc... no luck. Wife is going to start complainig soon as none of my lights work!!!

Individual lights seem to work when manually controling devices.

Modifying an event, there seems to be nohing listed under the action, and rying to add the device to be controlled with a JowiHue action shows error Unable to save changes : An entry with the same key already exists.

I'm sure this is somthing simple, and likely due to the ugrade.... any suggestions? Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading (404 pages, single light works OK manually).

I followed the HS4 Upgrade Procedure (Preferred Method) and bought the discounted Jowiehue upgrade straight off the bat. I love this plug-in!

I did not test the old HS3 Jowihue after my HS4 Upgrade, so I can't be sure whether it's the HS4 upgrade procedure that broke it rather than the Jowihue upgrade.

Either way, something went pear-shaped.

Comment

What is the version you installed? If you used the 'production' version, it will not work as too many changes have been made since that version. Make sure to install the latest beta in that case? I will be relesing a new production version soon.

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
      650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you, Wim - I was using the production version, and changing to the Beta has fixed it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Fixed for me too, now just got to delete a million duplicate devices and re-create / repair lots of events.... Now I know the true meaning of 'if t ain't broke, don't fix it'!

Comment

Was this caused by the old production version? If possible, use a backup - or check the settings page and select the original HSD file as new configuration with all plugins inactive. Do this only if you did not change to many events since stepping over to HS4. This will start a fresh conversion of the plugin once you activate it.
            -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

I also just did a upgrade to HS4 and installed the 4.0.1.2 version. Now I get a blank window on bridge maintenance and nothing happens when I try to add a new bridge.

Comment

Same here... it was working a few minutes ago (I was removing a few old devices and groips from one of my Hue bridges) and bridge maintenance suddenly disappered when I tried to remove a group... I'm going to resort to trashing it all I think.... ben battlng with it for hours with little success...

Comment

No further forward, stil no bridge maintenance. Have restarted, removed and reinstalled plugin, rebooted, tried diff browser just in case... nada.

Comment

Sorted... for now... Removed plugin, deleted millions of devices, re-installed v2, re-added both Hue bridges, waited for device re-creation, manually edited all events to update with new devices (wish the device selection list was alphanetical HS!).

Question is, dare I try upgrading the plugin again? BTW Wim - no criticism of the plugin at all, I think it's just been a hiccup with the install / upgrade process. Keep up the good work!!

Comment

dparks

Did you see any errors in the log? It might be good to double check the history during the upgrade to see if anything happend. And - to be sure - you are using the beta version right?
                      If you did the upgrade, I think there are no new bridges to be added, unless you start to use a new bridge at the same time.

ComputerMan

The conversion of the devices was done with the 'production' version which is a very old one. I am not sure if this version has caused an issue for your devices. The latest beta is a lot more stable to use. You can try this version, but make a backup! That will save you from going through the steps you had to do now. If al is good at this poing, create that backup and from there you can upgrade. One advice, if you plan to do the upgrade, set the trace options of the old plugin to detailed logging and log to file. If yu do the upgrade, everything wil be recorded. If anything goes wrong, copy the file in the HS directory: \JowiHue.log to a save place so I can have a look at it?

I am working on a correct release of the plugin and it is almost finished here. There is one issue in it, that I need to resolve stil. For now, please remember to backup regulary (you always should!)

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

I am at a loss at this point. How am I to get this plugin working. If I remember correctly, the JowiHue plugin that appeared after upgrade was the HS3 version. It is when I installed the latest HS4 version that this issue started. Give me some help please.

Comment

I am trying to help here?
                          did you see errors in the log when you installed the plugin?
                          Are you using the beta version of the plugin? You can check this on the active plugin list?
                          Why were you trying to add a bridge, did you have a new bridge? Or could you not find the converted device?

I need some more information to be able to help

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

And also, did you create a backup before installing the HS$ version?

-- Wim

Comment

Good Morning Wim. I did not check the log. I am using the Beta version of the plugin 4.0.1.2. I tried to add a bridge because no bridges are showing in the plugin and none of my devices work. The manage Bridge page is blank. I did create a backup.

Comment

Working...
                              X