Plugin not working after v4 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fbrullo View Post
    Also it seems that version (4.0.0.4) has lost the bridge IP and I am not able to configure it back how it was or add it because the only thing that works in the menu is Settings.
    All the other menus return 404 error probably because those html files weren't copied because of the error "Error, package file not found: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates4/JowiHue4.0.0.4/AddBridges.html" that was present in my log in the previous post.
    fbrullo

Did you create a backup before installing the HS4 plugin? Then revert to this version. The 4.0.0.4 had some major issues, maybe this causes the latest beta to not function anymore. It is better to revert and then use the release version.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Gerald

Do you see what might be happening in the HS4 log, what are the lines that the plugin writes in the log? You can filter on "JowiHue" here?

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

w.vuyk

​​​​​​​I've exported the log and sent it via PM

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          dparks,

The log shows that the conversion of the devices failed during the first start of the new plugin. You have a backup right? Can you restore this backup, which should also bring the 2.x version back, which is/was working fine. At this point please follow the next steps:
          • Start the 2.x version of the plugin and set the detailed tracing and log to file options on the configuration page.
          • Stop the plugin and install the beta version and start it. Check the HS4 log, you should see the progress of the plugin during the conversion.
          • Let the conversion finish. Do not stop/interupt the plugin during this proces!
          • Once finished keep the plugin running and check your devices, is all still present and functioning?
          • Disable the verbose logging and log to file option in the settings of the plugin.
          • Locate the JowiHue.log file in the install direcotry of HS4 and send it to me? (jowihue at ziggo dot nl)
          • Let me know if you saw errors in the HS4 log during conversion?
          • Once you have send the log file, do a restart og the HS4 plugin, all should still be the same afterwards.
          Thanks,

Wim
          Where should I put the file, and where is it? (have a backup of the kompleat HS3) have Windows

//Jens

Comment

Jens,

Sorry, I am at loss here. What is the issue you are seeing?

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Jens,

Sorry, I am at loss here. What is the issue you are seeing?

Wim
              Sorry,
              I have the same problem as some others, have many duplicates and Conbee II, where it is empty now has at least 70 different lamps, sensors etc..
              Did a new installation of HS 4 now when 4,100 came, and took over files from my backup of the entire HS 3 as stated in the manual, it has worked well besides duplicates but today the Conbee lamps disappeared, but Hue bridge remains.

Thought I could take my back up again and upload the files just for your program again.

Did you understand now? or can I take it in Swedish

Comment

Am I understanding you correct here:

You had HS3 running. When HS4 4.1.0.0 came out as release, you installed HS4 (did you copy the HS3 files afterwards, or did you install HS4 over the HS3 installation?). These steps are important to know to determine if you can just copy the backup over the existing files, or if you need to uninstall HS4 and reinstall HS3..

Did you run HS4 with the HS3 JowiHue plugin at first? Or did you upgrade to the HS4 plugin without running the old plugin to see if HS4 was working?
                Then after the upgrade all devices were there, and have been running fine, but all of the sudden devices disappeared? Or are they still present in the device list? Did you see anything in the log?
                Or did HS4 restart? You can filter the log on JowiHue and look back in time before the start of the latest log?

Do you also have a backup of HS4 from before you upgraded the plugin?

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

fbrullo

Did you create a backup before installing the HS4 plugin? Then revert to this version. The 4.0.0.4 had some major issues, maybe this causes the latest beta to not function anymore. It is better to revert and then use the release version.

Wim
                  w.vuyk I don't have a backup before the HS4 plugin. Probably I was too optimistic that everything would have worked.
                  I have a backup before the upgrade to HS4 but I am not keen to redo the upgrade process of HS4 unless there is not other way.
                  Do you have any other suggestion on how to proceed?

Comment

Am I understanding you correct here:

You had HS3 running. When HS4 4.1.0.0 came out as release, you installed HS4 (did you copy the HS3 files afterwards, or did you install HS4 over the HS3 installation?). These steps are important to know to determine if you can just copy the backup over the existing files, or if you need to uninstall HS4 and reinstall HS3..

Did you run HS4 with the HS3 JowiHue plugin at first? Or did you upgrade to the HS4 plugin without running the old plugin to see if HS4 was working?
                    Then after the upgrade all devices were there, and have been running fine, but all of the sudden devices disappeared? Or are they still present in the device list? Did you see anything in the log?
                    Or did HS4 restart? You can filter the log on JowiHue and look back in time before the start of the latest log?

Do you also have a backup of HS4 from before you upgraded the plugin?

Wim
                    Hi,

1/ I did copy the HS3 files after installed HS4
                    2/ installed your HS4 app directly
                    3/ yes all worked but have dubbel of some, hue bridge is okey but Cobee is gone from the list
                    4/ have a backup installed it but the problem is the same,

Have stoped HS4 and started my old HS3 and then all work again.

Could it be the port that not work for conbee?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by fbrullo View Post

w.vuyk I don't have a backup before the HS4 plugin. Probably I was too optimistic that everything would have worked.
                      I have a backup before the upgrade to HS4 but I am not keen to redo the upgrade process of HS4 unless there is not other way.
                      Do you have any other suggestion on how to proceed?
                      Hi Wim,

Now it working again, but not really all work, think it is 3-4 dimmers / switcar that it is not reachable.

Look at my log and see if you maybe find something

//Jens
                      Attached Files

Comment

i have a fresh windows 10 hs4 pro installed with jowihue hs4. and I have hue bridge and conbee 2 with deconz. I can find the devices and can make "creative settings" but no event's are working at all. I get some errors or nothing happen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Skærmbillede 2020-07-09 kl. 21.08.27.png Views:	0 Size:	200.4 KB ID:	1401037

Comment

Originally posted by Baxe View Post

Hi Wim,

Now it working again, but not really all work, think it is 3-4 dimmers / switcar that it is not reachable.

Look at my log and see if you maybe find something

//Jens
                          Jens,

When I look at the log you posted to many things are going wrong, not only with the JowiHue plugin.
                          I most certainly worry about the very many Homeseer warning with errors on devices. All different kind of devices even from different plugins. Also other plugins are throwing errors.

Could you check if you are following the correct procedure? I hear you saying you copy HS3 over the HS4 installation. I might be wrong, but I think it should be the other way arround.
                          Make sure the HS3 installation is active and working without errors. Deinstal HS3, saving the settings during deinstallation. Then install HS4 over the same directory and let
                          HS4 run on it, with the HS3 plugins active. Make sure HS4 is running stable with the HS3 plugins (let it run for a day maybe to make sure all is ok?)
                          Then do the upgrade per plugin, one by one. And make sure each one is running without errors before moving to the next.
                          When you want to start on the JowiHue plugin, make sure to enable the detailed tracing and log to file options in the OLD plugin before upgrading
                          This will make sure the conversion of the plugin is logged. Then upgrade the plugin and make sure the conversion is finished. Then disable the verbose logging and trace to file option in the settings of the plugin. You will then find a log file as \Homeseer installation dir\Logs\JowiHue.log. Sen dthis file to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?
                          -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by koburg View Post
                            i have a fresh windows 10 hs4 pro installed with jowihue hs4. and I have hue bridge and conbee 2 with deconz. I can find the devices and can make "creative settings" but no event's are working at all. I get some errors or nothing happen.

Click image for larger version Name:	Skærmbillede 2020-07-09 kl. 21.08.27.png Views:	0 Size:	200.4 KB ID:	1401037
                            koburg

I will check on this, last time I tested it here it was working fine.
                            -- Wim

Comment

koburg

I just checked. If you create a action on a scene (like in your sample) or an animation and there are no scenes or animations created yet, this error occurs. If you would select "Set Lights" all will work fine from first start,
                              I will try catching the issue were no scenes or animations are present yet. For now you can use the Set lights option until you have created some scenes and animations, then thos will be available too.

Thanks for notifying me - there will be a less cryptic message in the next version

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

w.vuyk Thanks I will try again later.

Comment

Working...
                                X