Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

Jens,

When I look at the log you posted to many things are going wrong, not only with the JowiHue plugin.
    I most certainly worry about the very many Homeseer warning with errors on devices. All different kind of devices even from different plugins. Also other plugins are throwing errors.

Could you check if you are following the correct procedure? I hear you saying you copy HS3 over the HS4 installation. I might be wrong, but I think it should be the other way arround.
    Make sure the HS3 installation is active and working without errors. Deinstal HS3, saving the settings during deinstallation. Then install HS4 over the same directory and let
    HS4 run on it, with the HS3 plugins active. Make sure HS4 is running stable with the HS3 plugins (let it run for a day maybe to make sure all is ok?)
    Then do the upgrade per plugin, one by one. And make sure each one is running without errors before moving to the next.
    When you want to start on the JowiHue plugin, make sure to enable the detailed tracing and log to file options in the OLD plugin before upgrading
    This will make sure the conversion of the plugin is logged. Then upgrade the plugin and make sure the conversion is finished. Then disable the verbose logging and trace to file option in the settings of the plugin. You will then find a log file as \Homeseer installation dir\Logs\JowiHue.log. Sen dthis file to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?
    Hi Wim,

All working now, thank´s for your support

//Jens

Comment

Jens,

That is great news! 🤗 Was really hoping this could help. Thanks for letting me know!

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Well... after some time with everything working well, I started to see some issues (turns out not related but I thought it was). I'd completely forgotten about this issue I had, and hadn't touched HS4 since. Anyway, while investigating these issues I spotted that my JowiHue plugin was out of date, so I updated it... and all hell broke loose!

Long story short, all JowiHue actions had disappeared from the events, so none of the switches around the house would operate any lights... Downgraded, upgraded, looked for beta, nothing worked... Reverted to a backup and now HS4 is running line a dog...

Turns out, I added a Hue Tap Dial in the Hue app recently (thought I'd try one). Haven't done anything with it, it's still on the table, but I've noticed I have thousands of instances of a device called Hue Tap Dial Switch 1:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	120
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1569872

How do I get rid of these, and start reconfiguring HS4 again? I've had to disable the JowiHue plugin temporarily to get CPU value down to a workable level.

Comment

Which version of the plugin are you running at this point?

Are you sure it was this version that starting the dail switch device creations or the older one? It looks like it is creating the device, but not the features. But looking at the device, I am having the impression this is not coming from the HS4 version of the plugin, but the HS3 version of the plugin?

I don't have the dial switch here to test, but if you are using the HS3 plugin version, I am afraid the plugin will not recognize the device correctly?

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Ok. after a long period of radio silence I've had a chance to look at this again. After a restore, I was back up and running and I left it there... So...

You were exactly correct - plugin version was in fact 2.1.2.1 or something old like that. Upgraded plugin to latest version, and some hours later going through and fixing events, I'm back to where I should be (mostly).

I then reset the Tap Dial Switch, re-added it in the Hue App, and it works fine as configured in the Hue app. So far so good.

The issue I have now is, the Tap Dial Switch does not seem to appear in HS4. I've left it 24 hours just in case it takes some time... still nothing.

Do I have to do something different / extra to make HS4 / JowiHue see the switch? Got another two in their boxes ready to go...

Comment

This is what JowiHue sees:

Views:	78
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1580585

When I look in, say the Hue Config Viewer app, I can see the switch:

Views:	60
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1580586

Comment

Relative rotary devices have so far not been very successful in the plugin, causing a lot of issues. Most users I have seen using these dials have no use for it in the plugin itself so I have excluded it from the plugin. How do you see the use of the dial in the plugin? Is it worth the effort to get it in the plugin?
                I would maybe need to buy one myself to see what it does really.

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim, thanks for the update, that explains it! Thought I was going mad, since the old version of the plugin seemed to add hundreds of instances, and the new version added none!

The limitation with the device for me is, using the Hue (or third party) app, it's only possible to make the unit (dial AND buttons) operate on one group of lights, on that particular Hue Hub. I was hoping to use Homeseer / JowiHue to allow control of different devices in different groups / rooms / hubs, from the buttons at least, in the same was as I could do with the standard Hue remote. I hadn't really considered the dial - what are the technical difficulties? Starting / ending values maybe?

Comment

The frequency of values coming from the rotary and the need of sending updates to the HS devices. In the case of a Hue hub they probably perform some sort of internal direct Zigbee call, without the need to convert these. So that is performant.

If I was to try and bring it in the plugin, there is no guarantee the effects will be smooth, especially not with the way the Philips Hue communicates (slow) to the REST API. An update is send at its best only one time per second. In a second you can have rotated the dial in several directions..... and only one wil reach the plugin because of the slowness. That is why I doubt it will work like you expect.

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Makes sense. I bought three of these things... that will teach me a lesson!!

Comment

You an still use them, but bound through the Hue app... there are more users of the plugin using this device and it functions fine once setup in the app :-)
                        -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                        X