Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchased the HS4 plugin.... no issues... I had to start over due to a bridge issue not a plug-in issue..... Ugggg starting over with HS4 has been a bummer... fun and time consuming...

Many thanks WIM.....

Devoir

Comment

Wim, I had to register the plugin when it was first installed and the plugin does say registered; sometime yesterday the plugin turned on and said it was starting up but never did. I tried to upgrade to the Beta you posted yesterday but it never does and still reports 4.0.3.0 (please see attachment) and still keeps turning itself off when I try to enable it.
      Attached Files

Comment

What lines follow when you enable the plugin? In your first post we only saw the installation lines, there were no lines of the plugin starting. Could you recheck by only enabling the plugin? It should log at least something?
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hello! I just stumbled across this post. I had the HS3 version of the plugin on a Windows machine. I built a new Linux machine for HS4, installed the JH HS4 plugin, then restored the data from HS3 onto the HS4 box. Everything seems to be working, but did I completely miss a step for upgrading the devices? I don't see any obvious conversion or upgrade buttons. I have such a limited setup that I don't think I'd notice if something seemingly small, now, but a problem in the future, was amiss.

Comment

Probably you did not miss anything, especially when all is working fine. If the HS4 JowiHue plugin starts, it should find the HS3 devices and convert them right away.
            It will log this at the start of the plugin, so probably when you moved to Linux AND used the HS4 JowiHue plugin at the start of the Linux version you should have seen a few lines of the conversion at the start of the plugin. If you filter the HS4 log to that point in time you should find these lines.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Decided to install HS4 from scratch, no upgrade from HS3. Installed HS4 Jowie plugin and all seems to be working well, while I am slowly completing getting everything defined and working. I have a question about the differences from HS3>HS4. I have multiple Keen Vents installed, and under HS3 the value range for dimming is 1<>254. I had trouble getting ON/OFF to work (255/0) in HS3 but setting the dim value to 254 or 5 worked, and also kept the vent slightly open to relieve pressure. Under HS4, the dimming range has changed to 1<>100, while the On/Off remains 255/0. I'm sure I can adjust to this with no problems, but I am just curious about the change? Is it intentional and to what affect? Thanks for the great plugin.
              tenholde

Comment

It is intentional because using voice control does not like "Dim to 150" or similar. The HS3 plugin had an option for that to use percentage instead of the full range for dimming. I made this setting default quite some time ago. What I did here was only making it a standard as it is simpler in coding and I expected no one would even notice that... That was a wrong guess

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Thanks. Makes sense.
                  tenholde

Comment

ugh. i recently took the HS4 plunge. not happy, but that is a different story. i just updated the JowiHue plugin to HS4 version, not realizing it was one way and I'd need to rebuy the plugin. i saw mention of an upgrade price. how do i do that?

Comment

Check this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...96#post1431396
                      If you go to the store, select the HS4 JowiHue plugin and check for the link for upgrading your HS3 license, you'll have a 60% off from the normal price.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

I just tried the Upgrade Plugin page, but I just get an error when entering the HS3 credentials.

Comment

zephyr Please contact HS support for this as they are in control of the licenses. They can reset licenses when needed.

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,

I update the plug from HS3 to HS4 (with the HS4 license)
                            The HUE devices are grouped, and I can control them.
                            But when I control them in the Philips HUE App, the status is not updated anymore in HS4
                            And I have warnings in the Log, see screenshot.
                            Anny idea what goes wrong?

And the icons are still HS3 style, is that normal?
                            Thanks Paul

This arevthe steps I did:
                            - Disable the HS3 plugin
                            - Installed the HS4 plugin
                            - Register the HS4 plugin
                            - Enable the HS4 plugin

Last edited by Paul32; November 18, 2021, 06:03 AM. Reason: install info

Comment

I wonder what the small black icon is trying to tell here? Aside of that it looks like something went wrong during conversion to HS4 here.
                              Icons did not change btw, they are still the same. It is on my list, but that will take some time before I do that.

Could you try to go to the properties of the device shown in the image, select the JowiHue tab and enable the "Reset Graphic values for all features belonging to devices" check box? Then press the save button. This would update the values for all features. Then check if the warning for this particular device are gone?

If the issue persists, maybe better start a new thread as this thread is about not working licenses and quite old.

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                                I wonder what the small black icon is trying to tell here? Aside of that it looks like something went wrong during conversion to HS4 here.
                                Icons did not change btw, they are still the same. It is on my list, but that will take some time before I do that.

Could you try to go to the properties of the device shown in the image, select the JowiHue tab and enable the "Reset Graphic values for all features belonging to devices" check box? Then press the save button. This would update the values for all features. Then check if the warning for this particular device are gone?

If the issue persists, maybe better start a new thread as this thread is about not working licenses and quite old.

Wim
                                Hi Wim, the small black icon tells that voice regonition is check marked.

Do there new HS4 icons come? So the look is the same as othe devices.
                                Sorry no read everything on my mobile 😩

Comment

Working...
                                X