This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wim,
    Can you provide a short listing of the additional Features and/or Functions your HS4 plugin provide over the plugin for HS3?
    Thanks

Willem

Comment

Willem,

Extra is the support for Philips Hue Sync boxes, more settings enabled for IKEA smart blinds. And several new under the hood updates.
      All new development will be done in the HS4 version of the plugin. At this moment I am divided between both versions which is taking really a lot of time so at some time soon I will have to stop supporting the HS3 version (I expect only solving stability issues).

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
        During conversion of the devices a new device will be created with the name of the light or group with "(Extra)" added to it in preparation of limiting the number of buttons on ad device. This device holds several of the buttons of the On/Off device. But the conversion will not remove the same buttons from the on/off buttons as there might be device actions that control these buttons. This will give you time to update those events (using the new HS4 search functions will easy your job finding these)
        Did the upgrade now, I see I have a lot of new (Extra) devices.
        I.E a Hue Light strip.

It seems that I still can use my old device in my events to control it. Is there a need to remove the old device, and edit my events to use the "extra" device?
        The old device has the Colourloop control, the extra had only dim up, dim down, blink and alert.

Comment

You can still use the old events, but in the near future it will be better to use the color loop from the Hue device and the dim up/down, blink and and alert functions from the extra device. This device has been created because HST does not like devices holding more then 4 buttons/sliders in the tile view of devices. In the next release there will be unctions added to clear the buttons from the on/off device, so it might become the feature shown in the tile view. From then the buttons on the extra device wil be the only Dim up/down, blink and alert buttons.
          Do not remove the old device as it will still hold the on/off and dim functions! You will need it. Use the properties of the device/Jowhue tab in the next release to correct the buttons of the device (or use the settings page to reset all)

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,
            I am ready to buy your HS4 plugin, however my HS4 homeseer install shows that I have your plugin active, both as HS4 and HS3.
            Please clarify and direct me how to install YOUR HS4 plugin.
            Thanks
            Willem

Comment

Willem,

Select the Add function in the plugins menu, from this page, select the HS4 version of my plugin. . And standard advice, just make sure to have a backup

Once you have installed the plugin, you will need to register it with the new key. You can buy this new key in the store, with a 60% off the price if you select the upgrade.

Thanks!

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Install went smoothly, thanks.
                Experiencing some anomalies:
                Bridge maintenance shows just my Hue and Phoscon buttons, but none of the tabs below work, therefore no details available to deal with the (extra) devices/groups etc.
                Also the Phoscon bridge button does not even switch away from Hue depressed status.
                Multiple (extras) for the same device

Both the Hue and Conbee connections work and allow me to control the population of devices

What did I do wrong?
                thanks
                Willem

Comment

WIllem,

Sorry for the late answer, was away for a few days.

Trying to understand what you are seeing, could you post an image of the page? Does it show details for the first page shown when you have restarted the plugin just before that?
                  Is there errors logged in the HS log maybe? If not, let me know, we will need to create a detailed log on this then.

The extra devices created are indeed an issue caused by the plugin. If you check the double extra's, those will occur for white-only devices, which were standalone devices in HS3. You can remove the second device without issues.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Wim,
                    Sorry for switching threads.
                    The only functioning Feature devices are "On/Off/Dim"
                    Attached the Log after restarting HS4, I had to use the "Deconz discover link" for the Conbee bridge to function.
                    Looking forward to learning what to due to reach the stability and functionality of my HS3 system.
                    FYI: HS has some serious issues with sorting and filtering (I am not happy)
                    log-all.txt
                    Thanks
                    Willem log-all.txt

Comment

Willem,

I think something is happening on your system I do not see here. Just tested the bridge maintenance functions here, but on my environment all seems to be working fine. So I do think some error is occurring that is not logged in the HS logs. Could you do a verbose trace for me? This holds a lot more information then the HS log. Here are the steps to create a log that I can use:
                      1. Enable the verbose logging and log to file in the settings of the plugin
                      2. stop the plugin and start it again
                      3. Once the plugin is initialized, go to the bridge maintenance page and switch bridges and select the sensors tabs and lights tabs
                      4. Try to control the Hue/Sat/CT and Extra devices, let me know if all are not working, or only certain devices?
                      5. Disable the verbose logging and log to file options in the settings of the plugin
                      6. You will find the file JowiHue.log in the <HS installation directory>\Logs directory. Send me a copy of this file
                      Send the log to jowihue at ziggo dot nl?

Thaks,

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Performed requested actions
                        Thank you
                        Willem Bakker

PS; only JowiHue, z_wave, MyQ and CM15A plugins are active right now.
                        ThinkPad is dedicated to Home-automation

Date/time=9/17/2020 5:07:10 PM Central Daylight Time
                        Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.3.0 (Windows)
                        License=Registered
                        In Virtual Machine=No MFG: lenovo
                        Antivirus=Windows Defender
                        OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                        OS Version=10.0.18363
                        Uptime=1 Day 1 Hour 20 Minutes 33 Seconds
                        Lan IP=192.168.0.107 (ThinkPad)
                        Device Count=169
                        Event Count=25
                        Processor:=x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 at 1.55 GHz
                        Modules/Threads=138 Modules, 58 Threads
                        Available Threads=1023
                        System Load=111 Processes, 17% Load
                        Free/Total Memory=1.09 GBytes / 2.99 GBytes (37% free)
                        Free/Total Virtual Memory=1.20 GBytes / 3.99 GBytes (30% free)
                        HomeSeer Memory Used=71 Mbytes
                        Plugin Memory Used=5 EXE Plug-Ins using 140 Mbytes
                        Plugins Installed=BLLAN 2.0.45.0,BLLock 3.0.35.0,CM15A 3.0.0.8,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.71,HS MyQ 4.0.4.0,HSBuddy 3.18.721.0,Hubitat 3.3.1.2,JowiHue 4.0.2.4,mcsMQTT 5.3.0.4,mcsShelly 5.5.1.4,SDJ-VStat 3.1.0.5,TPLinkSmartHome 19.10.7.1,Tuya 4.0.17.0,X10 3.0.0.46,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

Comment

w.vuyk, you mentioned an upgrade price of $16, but where and how?

Comment

cwfluke
                            When you go to the store you will find the link to upgrade a existing install of the HS3 plugin. Check the image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-06 11_03_58-W.Vuyk JowiHue Software Plugin for HS4 – HomeSeer.png
Views:	345
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	1431397
                            -- Wim

Comment

Wim, I had the HS3 plugin installed in HS3 and removed it and deleted all it's devices and folders over a year ago. Now I have upgraded to HS4 and bought your upgraded JowiHue plugin for HS4. It is installed and shows as registered but I cannot enable it. It shows enabed for about 2 seconds then sets itself to disabled again.

The log shows (sorry the entries are in reverse chronological order):
                              11/11/2020 8:32:45 AM
                              HomeSeer
                              Plug-In
                              Finished initializing plug-in JowiHue

11/11/2020 8:32:45 AM
                              HomeSeer
                              Starting Plug-In
                              JowiHue loaded in 15031 milliseconds

11/11/2020 8:32:16 AM
                              HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Plugin JowiHue installed successfully.

11/11/2020 8:32:09 AM

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_JowiHue.exe.config

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_JowiHue.exe

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/JowiHue/InnerCore.Api.HueSync.dll

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/JowiHue/SuperSocket.ClientEngine.dll

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/JowiHue/WebSocket4Net.dll

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/JowiHue/Newtonsoft.Json.dll

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Making dir: /usr/local/HomeSeer/bin/JowiHue/

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Extraction Complete.

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Extracting files from zip file: JowiHue_html.zip

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Extraction Complete.

11/11/2020 8:32:08 AM

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Extracting files from zip file: JowiHue_images.zip

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/JowiHue/JowiHue.db

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Making dir: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/JowiHue/

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Copying file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/JowiHueImports.xml

11/11/2020 8:32:04 AM

HomeSeer Updater
                              Info
                              Plugin install for JowiHue starting...

The controller I use is a Hometroller HS3 SEL Pro which I guess now would be a HS4 SEL Pro. I have restarted numerous times but I am still unable to enable the plugin.

How do I get this working ?

Best, Mike

Comment

Mike,

The log shows a correct installation. Does the register button occur when you check the plugins page (you might have to refresh the page once). Before it runs you probably need to register it first.

Wim
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X