This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL ok, I am not using voice recognition so do not see it normally here

I don't know which devices you are pointing at that hold different icons. Each plugin owner is choosing their own icons, the basic iconset of HS4 is not very different from the HS3 set.
    If icons of JowiHue change, they will be general for the device type, not brand specific anymore.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

See attachment for the icons (red for nok and green circle for OK)
      The circel icons look ucly in an HStouch screen, and now the need to changed by hand.

For the inner device the "JowiHue" tab doesn't work, for others it does ok.

I'm making my "new" HS4 PC, so I think I delete all de HUE devices and bridge and then reconnect the bridge so the devices will be made new.
      (My house is still running on my HS3 system)

Comment

Paul,

Missing the attachments on your posts. If the device properties are not shown (JowiHue tab) you will probably see an error in the log? Easiest way around this is indeed removing the device (no need to stop the plugin anymore) and let the plugin recreate the device. If you have events based on the device, you will need to update the events. If you are using the JowiHue actions, there is no need to update events.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

I have started from scratch and now it's working well.

See attachement how the icons look good in my opinion

Click image for larger version

Name:	JowiHue-bulb-graphics.png
Views:	234
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	1508957

Comment

Hi Wim, I have upgraded to HS4 after a complete system crash. Still using the old HS3 JowieHue. Don't actually have it do much other than turn on/off some bulbs and occasionally change the colour. Is there a features list to show if changing to you new plug in is worth it? The upgrade cost is minor and won't factor into my decision.

Comment

Depends of course if you are planning to extend it to the newer devices, like new model lights, sensors, switches and remotes. All new stuff is added to the HS4 version of the plugin, the HS3 plugin will only get updates for issues that throw errors and cause the plugin to no longer working.
              One of the great changes in the HS4 plugin is support for the Philips Hue HDMI box, which enables control of Entertainment in the plugin. Also the API V2 support for both deCONZ and Philips Hue bridge will be brought in the HS4 version of the plugin, which probably will enable new controls in the future.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim--

I recently upgraded to the HS4 PI. Several new devices were created. Some seem to be duplicates of the previously created devices, so I am unsure as to which devices to use for control and status, and whether some should be deleted. My Hue setup is limited to 4 can lights in my loft. For each light, I now have a group that includes the old devices and some new ones:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture1.png Views:	4 Size:	25.5 KB ID:	1586851

I also have 2 sets of devices that appear to be group devices, one old and one new:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture2.png Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	1586852

Finally, there is a set of devices for the wall switch:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Picture3.png Views:	0 Size:	10.1 KB ID:	1586853

Which devices should be used in events? Is there any cleanup I should be doing to get rid of old, unused devices? Thanks.

P.S. Any idea why I am getting the error triangle and "unreachable root"?

Comment

There are some problems in the HS4 plug-in light discovery and device creation. Wim w.vuyk is aware of the problems and hopes to have them fixed soon.

I looked at the last change date on my Devices to determine which are valid. Here you can see all 6 features are duplicated, but some are not updated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	313652AF-9A4E-42FF-BA9F-8443441046D6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	1586918
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	1586965 Thanks for the reply Randy. In my case, both of the light devices are updated, but there are only off/on controls for the old device, not the new:

Comment

I am indeed working on the solution. The plugin is struggling with the new api from Philips. Because of that there are issue with doubling devices and control issues.
                      When I look at the image you posted it seems to me that it could be best to remove the old HS3 device ( the one with unreachable as string), bit it sure depends on the events, I don't know how many events you have with device actions on this device. They would all have to change to the new device in that case.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        I am indeed working on the solution. The plugin is struggling with the new api from Philips. Because of that there are issue with doubling devices and control issues.
                        When I look at the image you posted it seems to me that it could be best to remove the old HS3 device ( the one with unreachable as string), bit it sure depends on the events, I don't know how many events you have with device actions on this device. They would all have to change to the new device in that case.

Wim
                        I went ahead and deleted my Philips Hue bridge and started over. The PI created all of the new devices correctly. Almost all of my events used groups of lights created in Easy Trigger, so there was very little editing to do in order to get it all running again. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Great!

Thanks for letting me know!

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

I migrated to HS4 last month together with the HS3 hue plugin. Comming weekend i would like to upgrade to the HS4 version. What is the latest procedure to upgrade the plugin?

- Disable HS3 plugin
                            - Install HS4 plugin?
                            - Waiting for conversion procedure
                            - Delete HS3 plugin ?

Comment

The HS3 plugin will be overwritten with the new version.

Make sure to have a proper backup, including the root directory of HS4.
                              After the upgrade, check the devices as this is not always correct at the first start. Make sure to restart the plugin a few times as you probably will see a few errors.

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X