Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jowihue devices unreliable / not working after HS4 upgrade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Jowihue devices unreliable / not working after HS4 upgrade

    Hi All,

    My upgrade to HS4 went pretty well.

    The part that hasn't is my Jowihue / xigbee devices.

    At first I thought it was fine, then I started to discover zigbee devices that weren't working. Signals are received in DeConz, the devices are showing in Phoscon, but actions are not detected in HS4, or if they are, and detected erratically and slowly. And some seem to be working fine at times. And even when an input is detected, they don't trigger events any more even when the detected input is the correct one for activating the event.

    I have deleted and re-added a couple of devices. One worked correctly for a while, and has now ceased to do so. The other one didn't appear in HS4 at all until I I disabled - re-enabled Jowihue.....

    The Jowiehue plug in is 4.0.2.0, The HS4 install was 4.1.1.

    Some of them sometimes seem to work for a while if I disable - re-enable Jowihue.

    This is really frustrating, as the zigbee devices were previously the most robust in my system...

    Thanks,

    Dave

    #2
    Windows or Linux ? If linux what is the mono version? Are you on docker?

    Comment


      #3
      Windows.

      After a reboot, it seems to be better. Most devices seem to now work correctly (time will tell if that remains the case), although two refuse to work properly:
      • Tradfri round remote - I used to use the dimmer / brighter buttons to adjust brightness (not surprisingly). Previously, I could hit, say, the brighter button, and if that didn't make it bright enough, push it again. Now all the buttons only recognise a single push. Another push is not recognised, unless another button has been pressed first. So I can't use the buttons to incrementally brighten or dim. I have uninstalled and reinstalled - no difference.
      • Aqara Opple light switch (WXCJKG12LM). Takes 15-60 seconds for a button push to be detected. And whilst the value that eventually shows up is the same as it used to be, it no longer works in an event. So what used to be a good light switch is now useless. I have rewritten a couple of events with no change, but haven't tried removing and reinstalling this as yet.Any thoughts?

      Thanks,

      Dave

      Comment


        #4
        Crumpy,

        Both are switches... if you have the tradfree round remote, (will try this here today when I got the time too) how is the response when you press the same button twice (keep a second or so between presses). Check the lastupdate time on the HS4 device page.Does it respond immediate, or does it not update at all when you press the same button?
        And how fast does it update when you press two different buttons in the same manner? I might have changes something in that area for switches alone indeed.

        *edit* after a cup of coffee here in the morning and rereading, you already answered that question. Never sit behind the computer without coffee is the message here
        Will work on the solution, pretty sure it is related to a change I did

        Wim
        -- Wim

        Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
        650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks Wim. As I think you have worked out, when I press a button the Tradfro remote, the time updates to the current time as it senses the button press. Additional presses of teh same button do not result in a further change in the time. I have to press a different button to get the time stamp to change.

          Thanks for your help.

          Dave

          Comment


            #6
            Dave,

            It is different then I assumed here. It is working perfectly still for me when I test with the Ikea remotes. But your second remark on the Aqara Opple switch, where you say it takes time to update makes me wonder if the webhook is working in your case. Could you try and enable the verbose tracing and log to file options in the settings of the plugin?
            Then trigger the Ikea remotes and the Aqara switch.
            After that disable the verbose logging and logging to file options again. Send me the \Logs\JowiHue.log file? Send it to jowihue at ziggo dot nl.
            Also, could you check the files in \Bin\JowiHue? Wonder if everything is there.....

            Thanks,

            Wim
            -- Wim

            Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
            650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

            Comment


              #7
              Hi Wim,

              I uninstalled and re-installed the Aqara switch, and that that seems to be working correctly again with minimal delay and triggering events.

              So it is really the Tradfri switch that still isn't happy.

              I'll do as you ask in the morning and send them through.

              Cheers,

              Dave

              Comment

              Working...
              X