Rename of Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rename of Devices

I installed 2 range extenders, 2 temps sensors and 1 water sensor in Deconz. It's my understanding that Deconz will at some point rename the devices. Once the devices have renamed I can scan for devices from the plugin. I restarted Deconz and when it started back up I lost one of the sensors. Being that they have not renamed I am not sure which one. How long should it take before the devices rename in Deconz? It's been about 11 hours and only one range extender has renamed. Am I doing things correctly?

Thanks
    Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	314
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1401885

Views:	260
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	1401886

Jim,

I do not know really. Range extenders have no active function in Phoscon or JowiHue and I honestly do not know how deCONZ handles it. If it should be renamed in the interface, the only way I could think of to enforce deCONZ to proceed on recognision is to start a new scan for devices and an immediat power pull (count till 10) and resinsert to power - or perform the reset during this search to proceed in discovery?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I uninstalled Deconz and started over. I have only did one temp sensor but it's been about an hour and it has not renamed. Don't I need to wait till the device gets renamed before the plugin will see the device?

Jim

Views:	267
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1401949

Comment

Jim,

During scanning for devices (2 minutes) keep this temp sensor busy. Is it Xiaomi or Aqara? If it is, press the small button once per one second or so, ot start a rescan of devices and reset the device by holding the small button for 4 to 5 seconds (blue light blinks). In deconz you do NOT need to remove the device and you should see a dot blinking on the new device. Here it takes max 10 seconds to recognize the device. If this does not work, try in Phoscon as well?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

It's a Aqara temp sensor. I tried 4 times, Did not rename. I tried the Phoscon app but my password not working. I pulled the Conbee II to power cycle and password reset failed so I no longer can login to Phoscon.

Comment

I just uninstalled everything. Reinstalled, reset ConBee II, put in new password for Phoscon. Still didn't work and again password not working. What's the default password for Phoscon?

Comment

Jim,

Try going through the dresden electronics gateway site: http://phoscon.de/app does it give you the opportunity to set or reset the password?

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

I unplugged the ConBee II several times and finally got it to reset the password but every time I need to log back in it says wrong password. I used Phoscon to get both temp and both water sensors in. Now the Webapp says invalid password so I can't register the bridge. I never changed the password.

Comment

I unplugged the Conbee again and was able to reset the password. In the plugin, there is two Phoscon-GW. Is this correct?

Views:	238
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1401989

Comment

I did get the 2 water and 2 temp sensors to add and rename through Phoscon. I do have a button I couldn't get added either way. I added the 2 Routers in deCONZ.

Views:	263
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1401993

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
                      I unplugged the Conbee again and was able to reset the password. In the plugin, there is two Phoscon-GW. Is this correct?

Views:	238
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1401989
                      Jim,

The device you are looking at is 1 Devices and 1 Feature. Welcome to HS4
                      -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post

Jim,

The device you are looking at is 1 Devices and 1 Feature. Welcome to HS4
                        Ok thanks. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t do something wrong.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X