Save / Restore light state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save / Restore light state

Sorry if this is covered somewhere - I searched.

Is there a way to capture the light state of a bulb/group, then to restore it?

I find that more handy when temporarily switching lights to a color, then wanting to switch them back - to whatever they were before (color, brightness, etc) shortly after.

thanks!

You can use the snapshot functionality of the plugin to copy a setting of a light as preset and recall then when you want to bring the bulb to a predefined state after you changed it temporaty. In this case you know the state the bulb was in before the temporaty state. You will find snapshot functionality in the creativity page, both presets and scenes. But I am not 100% sure that this is what you are looking for.

I you do not know the original state of a bulb, need to change it only shortly and want to go back to the previous not predefined setting, it seems you can use easytrigger for this, which allows you to save a devices value and restore it.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

easytrigger sounds like the right thing - can you direct me to it? once I try it and if it works for what I need, I'll show you the example

Comment

Ah, it's another Plugin. Found it.

Comment

Working...
        X