Jowihue 4.0.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jowihue 4.0.2.2

All issues , are resolved here. Good job Wim.

I didn’t test the shutdown of hs4 (so the plugin shutown) but I Habe a feeling this is an hs4 issue.

Matthieu,

Thanks for confirming. The closing of the plugin is a HS4 issue, but until they solved this (no response yet as of now) the plugin does a force close down, which in turn is throwing a HS4 error, but not causing real issues.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Yes , I remember know it was written it the release notes . Thanks for doing the job of hst Wim haha

Comment

I am seeing an interesting phenomenon with 4.0.2.2 plug in. If you turn on a light and set the brightness to 100 and then turn it off. If its turned back on by issuing the ascii command and giving it the "On" label ( ex: cl,<ref>,On ) then it will turn the light back on.. but the brightness is now set to a very low level.. it's not resuming to the prior setting. I have another system that is still running HS3 with the JowiHue plug in there and when I issue the ascii commands to turn on and off and back on, when it comes on it will resume the prior brightness level. I am not totally sure but I believe it was working that way prior to updating the JowiHue plug in to 4.0.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by lakehawk View Post
          I am seeing an interesting phenomenon with 4.0.2.2 plug in. If you turn on a light and set the brightness to 100 and then turn it off. If its turned back on by issuing the ascii command and giving it the "On" label ( ex: cl,<ref>,On ) then it will turn the light back on.. but the brightness is now set to a very low level.. it's not resuming to the prior setting. I have another system that is still running HS3 with the JowiHue plug in there and when I issue the ascii commands to turn on and off and back on, when it comes on it will resume the prior brightness level. I am not totally sure but I believe it was working that way prior to updating the JowiHue plug in to 4.0.2.2
          Same problem for me on all switches and dimmers that is 100%...

Can I go back to the other update again??

//Jens

Comment

I am also having the same issues.

Comment

I have found the issue on this. The cause was the reintroduction of the transition during off command. You will see the light go off smoothly. The challenge though is that the bridges are 'remembering' the last brightness level just before the light switches to off.
              So when an on command is set, the light goes back to the last known setting, which is dim level 1 always now......

You can work around this by not using the "On" button on the device, but instead set the dim level to you desired level. Or you can use the JowiHue actions, which will also set the brightness level instead of the on command. This way you can keep the smooth "Off" effects.

With the next version of the plugin (hopefully this week) you can set your desired "Off" behavior. You can enable the option to use the transition settings for Off commands (like it is behaving now with smooth off effects). Default this option will be disabled, which should enable the "On" command going to the last known level.

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thank you for the update on this. I'll be watching for the plug in update. I have both HS4 and HS3 systems. Right now there is an update available for the HS3 JowiHue plug in that I haven't installed. If I do install that update will I then be seeing the same issue on HS3 as well? Is there anyway to ever roll back a plug in to a previous version? I do prefer your plug in over the HS4 PhilipsHue plug in. It seems to be more responsive overall.

Comment

No, this change was only made in the HS4 version.
                  If you install a new plugin, check the \updates3 or \updates4 folders (before restarting the system) where you should find the old versions of the plugin. A restart will most often emty these folders. Other then that there are no rollback possibilities as far I know

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Now it works for me again

Comment

Working...
                    X