Proper installation of the gateway and plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper installation of the gateway and plug-in

Another noobie question for which I didn't see an answer in the JowiHue docs.

Windows7 running HS4
    I installed the ConBee2 and got it working properly in Windows.
    I installed deConz and it recognized the ConBee2.
    I started Phoscon and added a Zigbee sensor.
    Installed the JowiHue PI, started the add bridge process...
    It created a HS device for Phoscon as the bridge, created a device for the sensor I was testing.

Next day had to restart my HS4 host...
    JowiHue says it can't find a gateway.

From what I've read, Phoscon is just an easy to use abstraction layer to the deConz software that is actually talking to the ConBee?

If the above is true, it seems like I have to auto-start either Phoscon *or* deConz in order for JowiHue to talk to the ConBee?

If there's a guide that spells this out I'm more than happy to follow it ☺

deConz must always be running I believe. It provided the interface between ConBee and the Plugin.
    tenholde

Comment

Indeed, deCONZ should be running at any time, locally or remotely like on a raspbee. deCONZ is in fact the gateway software, communicating with the ConBee or RaspBee card.
      Phoscon is implemented with the REST API on deCONZ, just like the JowiHue plugin. Phoscon however does not implement all devices that deCONZ supports with the REST API.

Adding sensors can be done through JowiHue as well, through the bridge maintenance page. You`ll find more on this in the documentation, which you should find in the Docs subdirectory of the HomeSeer installation.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks Wim. So when I add a new bridge into the JowiHue, should it create a deConz or Phoscon gateway device in the HS4 device list? On my first attempt I got a Phoscon gateway which seems like an unnecessary middleman if the PI can talk to the deConz.

Comment

Yes, this device is needed as it is internally holding key information to the gateway. If you do not want to see it, you can hide it.
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Ok, I'm a bit confused now, I'll explain why:

First it was stated
            "Phoscon is implemented with the REST API on deCONZ, just like the JowiHue plugin. Phoscon however does not implement all devices that deCONZ supports with the REST API."

So from the above statement it sounds like the desired scenario is JowiHue talking directly to deConz?

Then the follow up statement was:
            "Yes, this device is needed as it is internally holding key information to the gateway. If you do not want to see it, you can hide it."

Which I assume means the Phoscon gateway created in HS4 that I previously mentioned?

I apologize for all the questions, but I'm an engineer.... it's in my nature to make sure whatever I'm doing is correct and optimal, lol.

Comment

I am an engineer as well here. The plugin talks to the deCONZ gateway through the REST API. To get access to the API it needs key information. The plugin does not do any business with Phoscon,
              It works just like Phoscon, both are talking to the REST API, which interfaces to deCONZ. And I indeed do refer to this as being the gateway as for my standpoint the REST API and deCONZ are logically one. If you check the deCONZ map, you`ll see the REST API is in fact a plugin to deCONZ.

The Phoscon gateway does not exist, there is a bridge (gateway) device that gives access to the REST API.
              -- Wim

Comment

Ok, got it, thanks Wim. Time to play around some more.

BTW, I know there are some bug fixes in the pipeline, when is the next release of JowiHue expected?

Comment

It will take more then a week as I am now packed for a weeks holiday. The edits are here running already for testing.
                  -- Wim

Comment

Enjoy your time off!

Comment

Working...
                    X