JowiHue and Aqara Wireless Mini Switch not being added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue and Aqara Wireless Mini Switch not being added

My system is running HS4, and was until recently running the legacy JowiHue plugin.
    I had added an Aqara Wireless Mini Switch. But after a couple of days, I lost contact with the switch in HS4. I can see in deCONZ that it responds to button presses, but the event is not fired.

Since then I tried removing the switch, first in Phoscon and then in HS4, and then re-added the switch in Phoscon (which worked fine) and restarted the (legacy) JowiHue plugin. But I did not get the switch back in HS4 again.

After this, I upgraded the JowiHue to the HS4 plugin. But I still don't get the switch added in HS4 again.

I see in the log that I get the following error message when restarting the JowiHue plugin:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_92672.png Views:	4 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	1413208
    Can this be related to the switch not being added? What do I do about it?

Here's the entire log from starting the plugin:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_92673.png Views:	4 Size:	166.3 KB ID:	1413209

I am running HS4 and HS4 version of the plugin. I use to use deCONZ to setup my devices but I could not get it to work that anymore.
    I setup my switch today. It installed fine. I used the Phoscon app to set it up. This how I did it.

After logging in. I clicked on Proceed without lights.
    A box popped up to create first group. I clicked the X to close it.
    Click on the hamburger menu upper left of the screen.
    Click on Switches.
    Click on Add New Switch.
    Select Vendor. I clicked on Other.
    It now searches for 3 minutes.

I then pushed the reset button on my switch till the blue light came on. Not sure if I needed to or not but I push the button every couple seconds. It took about 30 seconds to a minute and it found my switch.

Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	133
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1413433

Comment

I also setup 6 temp sensors and 2 water sensors this way fine except select sensors not switches.

Jim

Comment

Thank you for the input. Oops, I see that I've written the first post badly. I am using Phoscon to add devices, and I added the switch just as you did to begin with. But suddenly HS4 was not responding to button presses anymore. I could see in deCONZ that the button was pressed (indicators on device was flashing blue/green), but it didn't register in HS4. And now, when re-adding the device in Phoscon, nothing happens in HS4 anymore.

Comment

Sounds like you got something going on. Little beyond my knowledge.

Jim

Comment

Yes, hopefully Wim can come up with some info when he gets back from holiday.

Some new development, though. After seeing this thread (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...to-not-working) referring to the same error message I had, I followed the suggestion there and deleted all ZigBee devices in HS4. Being a little bit hasty, I accidentally deleted the bridge device as well. So now the JowiHue plugin doesn't know about my ConBeeII bridge.

I try adding the bridge again. But when searching for the bridge in the Add New Bridge page, it immediately returns a dialog with the message "No bridges found".

Is the process of adding a ConBeeII bridge in JowiHue documented anywhere? I can seem to find it..

Comment

Originally posted by ØysteinHJ View Post
              Yes, hopefully Wim can come up with some info when he gets back from holiday.

Is the process of adding a ConBeeII bridge in JowiHue documented anywhere? I can seem to find it..
              It's not, something I pointed out in another thread. Having gone through re-installing it a few times I think I can assist here.

A few questions first:
              1. Is the Conbee and HS4 installed on the same computer?
              2. If installed on the same computer, how are you starting deConz? Are you starting it before or after HS4 starts?
              3. What is the OS of the computer where the ConBee is installed?

Comment

There should be a PDF. Install is on page 8.

Jim

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	103
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	1413681

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	104
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	1413682

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	378.3 KB
ID:	1413683

Comment

I found the JowiHue.pdf on my computer at C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Updates4\JowiHue4.0.2.0

It was not in the Docs folder. I just did a search in the root of HS4 to find it.

Jim

Comment

The OP already stated "I try adding the bridge again. But when searching for the bridge in the Add New Bridge page, it immediately returns a dialog with the message "No bridges found"."

So I think he knows how to find the add bridge tab in JowiHue. More than likely the problem is the the plug-in can not find the deConz server socket connection. Need to first establish if the deConz server is properly setup and advertising a socket/API connection.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
                      The OP already stated "I try adding the bridge again. But when searching for the bridge in the Add New Bridge page, it immediately returns a dialog with the message "No bridges found"."

So I think he knows how to find the add bridge tab in JowiHue. More than likely the problem is the the plug-in can not find the deConz server socket connection. Need to first establish if the deConz server is properly setup and advertising a socket/API connection.
                      in the OP last post, they asked - Is the process of adding a ConBeeII bridge in JowiHue documented anywhere? I can seem to find it..

That's why I posted the instructions.

Jim

Comment

You are correct. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to help him, what's missing from the JowiHue docs is a recommended installation of ConBee (since it's one of the recommended gateways). I had to do all kinds of research just to figure out how to get it to co-exist with the HS4 installation on the same host. Even the ConBee docs don't list the method.

Comment

Thanks alot for the help! Well, I found a solution, if not a perfect one. There seems to be a problem with the adding of new bridges in the HS4 plugin. It immediately pops up with "No bridges found", but it doesn't seem to be actually searching.

I ended up removing the HS4 plugin and installing the legacy plugin. Then I was able to add the bridge again, and all the devices was rebuilt correctly from the bridge (including the device for the Aqara smart switch that was not responding to begin with). Finally I uninstalled the legacy plugin and installed the HS4 plugin again. Everything still works.

The big test will be in a few hours when my six year old son wakes up. He's afraid of the dark, and wanted a "panic button" to turn on all lights in his room from his bed. 🙂

Comment

It's been a couple months since I installed my Conbee II. It all installed fine for me on Windows 10. I don't remember exactly how I did it but I'm sure I followed the instructions in the PDF.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

It's not, something I pointed out in another thread. Having gone through re-installing it a few times I think I can assist here.

A few questions first:
                              1. Is the Conbee and HS4 installed on the same computer?
                              2. If installed on the same computer, how are you starting deConz? Are you starting it before or after HS4 starts?
                              3. What is the OS of the computer where the ConBee is installed?

The ConBeeII and HS4 are both installed on the same computer running Windows Server 2019. Both are launched at login using Task Scheduler, and I needed to add a "hack" in the Windows registry to get automatic login, to get the HS4 and deCONZ GUI's.
                              ​​​​​​
                              To get around the problem with one launching before the other, which could cause port conflicts when both of them defaults to port 80, I'm forcing deCONZ to port 8080 using command line arguments in the Task Scheduler task.

Comment

Working...
                              X