Sensor range with Con Bee II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensor range with Con Bee II

I'm new to this, but I'm not getting a lot of range with some Aqara temp sensors I just added. I'm assuming that I can just use a USB extension cable to put the Con Bee II USB stick in a more favorable location?

Just found my own answer...

To ensure a strong radio signal, the ConBee II should preferably be connected to a USB 2.0 socket with an USB extension cable.
    • Prevents interference with housing and peripherals
    • Provides maximum signal range and reliability

Comment

Real experience from a ConBeeII newbie...

I just installed my ConBeeII exactly as show above, on a short USB extender on a laptop sitting next to me (same hardware as HS4 and Z-wave USB). I have two Aqara temp sensors I'm experimenting with, one is in a bathroom at least 40 to 50 feet away and 4 to 5 walls in between... and I have green (good) signal strength indicated in deConz. I'm shocked, I thought I'd need some ZigBee repeaters/bulbs in between to help create a mesh to the battery powered endpoints. The new signal amplifier in the ConBeeII's seem to make a difference.

Comment

If interference is possible then the extender cable is strongly advised. Here I did not need a extra cable, the ConBee is directly connecting a remote in the attic, approx 10 meters higher through concrete floors. No routers connected in between. It surprises mee too every now and then
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X