Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on deCONZ new firmware for Conbee, Conbee 2, Raspbee, Raspbee 2

All,

Dresden Electronics has released new firmware for their devices. This firmware will need to be installed by hand.
    One of the advantages of this firmware is the possibility (for tinkerers) to add routes manually for devices.
    *EDIT* Before installing the new firmware, make sure to upgrade to deCONZ version 2.05.81 or higher!

Guidance for installing the firmware is here.
    Links to the firmware can be found here

When using a raspbee card, take note than you need to do extra updates regarding the WiringPi package.
    *snip*

Following the procedures for the Conbee 2 on Windows following the guidelines worked smooth.

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; September 27, 2020, 09:03 AM. Reason: Edit, remove extra actions needed for older installations, instead upgrade to deCONZ >= 2.05.81
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Cannot update Raspbee 1 using command
    apt-get upgrade libc6. Terminal says libc6 is already newest version (2.24-11+deb9u4)

Comment

I also upgraded to buster trying to solve the GLIBC_2.28 issue. So for those having problems with the update, an upgrade to buster might be needed as well..
      Revoke this, instead first upgrade to deCONZ >=2.05.81
      -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

I upgraded all three of my Raspbee (v1) systems with no issues. I was already running buster on all of them. I upgraded deCONZ first (to 2.05.82, they are now up to 2.05.83), then manually installed the firmware. There have been a few reports with this firmware of lights dropping out (going unreachable) and coming back at a later time, but I have not seen this.

Comment

This firmware on my ConBee2 seems to have fixed the issue of it locking up and not communicating with deConz after a few days.

Comment

It also solved an issue on my Conbee 2 where it would function normally towards the plugin, but could not be detected by UPNP after a few days. So it seems it solves some of the long lasting issues... nice!
            -- Wim

Comment

It keeps failing. I have update deCONZ to 2.05.81

Jim

Update: it finally worked

Comment

Working...
              X