Firmware upgrade for Conbee 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware upgrade for Conbee 1

What is the Terminal command to install the firmware on a Pi 3b with conbee 1. I have downloaded the firmware to /home/pi/Downloads
    I know just enough about linux to do real easy stuff.

Check this page for a description on installing firmware? https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...eCONZ-manually
    They describe the commands you need for this on a Conbee 1. Make sure the path to the firmware is set correct.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

My question is here -Download latest deCONZ firmware. Check http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz-firmware for the latest release and replace the filename accordingly.

Comment

Check the image. The names on this page are already referring to the names you need as this page is fresh made.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-09-26 10_44_28-Update deCONZ manually ยท dresden-elektronik_deconz-rest-plugin Wiki.png Views:	0 Size:	320.7 KB ID:	1421936

All you need to do here is to make sure you current directory is the directory where you downloaded the firmware: /home/pi/Downloads
        Does this help?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos

Comment

I understand everything up to "make sure you current directory is the directory where you downloaded the firmware: /home/pi/Downloads".
          How do I place the directory into the command string? What does the command look like?

Comment

OK. I got it finally. Just placed the directory in front of the download.

Comment

I see you posted the next issue in another thread. Did the upgrade throw the error about GLIBC_2.28?
              -- Wim

Comment

Now I am trying to upgrade my Raspbee 1. I got the error GLIBC_2.28. Following your instructions I attempted to upgrade but get 2.24 is already installed.

Comment

This is exactly what I get,Terminal says libc6 is already newest version (2.24-11+deb9u4)

Comment

Yuch, while I was trying to solve this same issue, I decided to update my installation to Buster as well.... guess this has been part of the solution too then! We are on the same level with Linux on this. Yu might want to upgrade to buster too. But make sure there is enoug space on on your card to do this - and have a backup of the card as well just in case?

A very clear description on how to do this I have found here: http://baddotrobot.com/blog/2019/08/...tch-to-buster/ I used this and it worked out for me.

Another road you can try when the space on the card is insufficient is creating a new image for deCONZ on Buster: https://www.phoscon.de/en/conbee2/sdcard
                    But be aware in this case to have a backup of the database of deCONZ using phoscon first!

Wim

-- Wim

Comment

Working...
                    X