Thermostat control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat control?

At the advice of others I purchased a ConBee bridge to use the JowiHue plugin for controlling my thermostat. I have it installed on the same dedicated windows 10 machine for HS4.I was able to get the Thermostat to add to JowiHue plugin, but does not appear to be working. The reported temperature is 0 and any changes I make to the setpoint do not seem to get replicated to the thermostat. This is a Centralite Pearl thermostat. I saw some notes that there should be documentation for JowiHue in my homeseer doc directory, but I do not have that either - I am kind of stuck, any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

John,

It is a brand of thermostat that is not yet yet used in the plugin. Up till now I think the Eurotronics was the only one available. But I am sure we can make it work, if it is already in the device list of the plugin. First thing I would like to see if the properties of the HS device are complete for the plugin. Could you post an image of the thermostat device in list view? Also, if you select the device you will go to the properties of the device. You will see a JowiHue tab there. If you select this tab, you should see lines between "Object info"
    Could you select this JSON text and post it here?

From there we can take it to the next step.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Perfect, thank you Wim. Here is the requested information.Click image for larger version

Name:	thermstat device.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1425816

There is actually nothing on the JowiHue tab at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jowihue.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1425817

Comment

John,

Was hoping that the JowiHue tab would deliver some more info. I had seen before that the developers on github were working on enabling this thermostat for deCONZ and expected it would be released already. But the plans are set for the next beta, which should be available in a week or so with the basic functionality.
        Check this thread on github for the development: https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...in/issues/3240 Make sure to also check the bottom part of that thread.

Am I to understand that this thermostat can also control a cooler/airconditioner? That is something that is not yet implemented in the plugin. But I am sure we can get it in.
        For what I saw on the github, I will need to update the thermostat structure. As the Eurotronic Spirit is a valve, in your device a valve device has been created. In your case an unnecessary device. So I guess I might be needing your input on that now and then. Will first start on the thermostat creation, excluding things like valves etc. Be back at you after some updating here.

Thanks

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,
          Thank you for the prompt reply. I am using the thermostat for my air conditioner yes. I purchased 3 to control multi zones in my home but have only installed one at the moment until there is some way to actually make use of it in Homeseer. The homeseer ZigBee plugin is useless for this as it created a device with no controls at all. Please let me know what I can do to help with this , if anything.

Comment

Wim,
            I feel like I am missing something on my end. Forgive my ignorance but I am really not familiar with Deconz, I picked up the conbee II and Deconz just the other day to connect my thermostat using the JowiHue plugin. I see in the github thread you posted that I should be able to see cluster information for the thermostat in Deconz, and even the exposed controls. I have none of this. The cluster tab is empty just says please select a cluster to get further information. (I have the thermostat selected). Am I maybe missing the descriptor for this device? I uninstalled and Deconz and installed the latest build, but have the same results. I see in the ZCLDB section there maybe should be a bitcloud.xml file in my installation directory but there is none. Might this be the file with the node / cluster information I am missing? and if so, do you know where I might get that file?
            Thank you for the help!

Comment

John, that is indeed something that might be hard to find the first time. I am not near my deCONZ machine, otherwise I could show images to clarify. but here is a description out of my head:

If you look at the deCONZ window, you will see the thermostat device there. On the right side there are two dots. Select the far right dot (can be a bit hard as the hand is not very precise). Once you do this correctly you will see a box appear under the dot, with all available clusters, one being the "basic cluster". You can select this line. In the deCONZ window on the far right you see the information box with common info on the device. Under this window you will find two tabs, one being "Cluster Info"

Select this tab and you will see the information in this window change as you select other clusters. On each cluster info window you will find buttons and settings you can change or set. This way you can see if you can control the thermostat by testing it, like what they are doing in the thread that I posted in my earlier message. It is the basic way of controlling the thermostat.
              Let me know if this works out for you this way? As I think the xml file will be there, but the installation is often sort of hiding its locations in user directories etc.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Thank you Wim.
                I am able to see the cluster information like that, and I was able to adjust the temperature setpoint and verify that the change was pushed to the thermostat.

Thanks,

Comment

That is good news. The plugin is sending/receiving the correct updates already then. Now we wait for the devs on github to release their new beta.

Thanks,

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

John,

Did you install the latest version of the plugin? 4.0.2.10? With this version the reporting of the thermostaat should start working like the Temperature, also the setpoint should be set correct now?
                    No new version of deCONZ yet, but you already should be able to use vasic control?

Let me know if this works?

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Thanks. Things have changes with the new plugin, but setpoint doesn't change anything and the temperature reading is not correct. It also shows the heater engaged when I am actually running the cooling right now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS Thermostat JH.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1429614

(BTW I can adjust the setpoint from within Dconz, but I have to specify if I am setting the cool/heat/ or both)

I do now however also have information on the JowiHue tab for the device , which I did not previously.

Feature configuration 3157100 Temperature
                      Bridge details
                      Bridge id 00212E05CE90
                      Bridge manufacturer Bridge model deCONZ
                      Bridge sw version 2.5.86 Firmware version 0x264a0700
                      Bridge IP address 192.168.0.22:80 Bridge mac address 6c:6a:77:8a:06:e7
                      User key 8FA9A96EBE

Reset Graphic values for all features belonging to devices

deCONZ

**************************** Object info *****************************
                      {
                      "UTC": "2020-10-29T13:00:19",
                      "apiversion": "1.16.0",
                      "backup": {
                      "errorcode": 0,
                      "status": "idle"
                      },
                      "bridgeid": "00212EFFFF05CE90",
                      "datastoreversion": "93",
                      "devicename": "ConBee II",
                      "dhcp": true,
                      "disablePermitJoinAutoOff": false,
                      "factorynew": false,
                      "fwversion": "0x264a0700",
                      "gateway": "192.168.0.1",
                      "internetservices": {
                      "remoteaccess": "disconnected"
                      },
                      "ipaddress": "192.168.0.22",
                      "linkbutton": false,
                      "localtime": "2020-10-29T09:00:19",
                      "mac": "6c:6a:77:8a:06:e7",
                      "modelid": "deCONZ",
                      "name": "Phoscon-GW",
                      "netmask": "255.255.255.0",
                      "networkopenduration": 60,
                      "panid": 51899,
                      "portalconnection": "disconnected",
                      "portalservices": false,
                      "portalstate": {
                      "communication": "disconnected",
                      "incoming": false,
                      "outgoing": false,
                      "signedon": false
                      },
                      "proxyaddress": "none",
                      "proxyport": 0,
                      "replacesbridgeid": null,
                      "rfconnected": true,
                      "starterkitid": "",
                      "swupdate": {
                      "checkforupdate": false,
                      "devicetypes": {
                      "bridge": false,
                      "lights": [],
                      "sensors": []
                      },
                      "notify": false,
                      "text": "",
                      "updatestate": 0,
                      "url": ""
                      },
                      "swupdate2": {
                      "autoinstall": {
                      "on": false,
                      "updatetime": ""
                      },
                      "bridge": {
                      "lastinstall": "2020-10-19T08:43:34",
                      "state": "noupdates"
                      },
                      "checkforupdate": false,
                      "install": false,
                      "lastchange": "",
                      "lastinstall": "",
                      "state": "noupdates"
                      },
                      "swversion": "2.5.86",
                      "timeformat": "12h",
                      "timezone": "America/New_York",
                      "uuid": "d28efb4b-c63d-4404-9cd4-b7c335e2a9e6",
                      "websocketnotifyall": true,
                      "websocketport": 443,
                      "whitelist": {
                      "20416C323C": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-12T14:27:39",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-14T05:05:45",
                      "name": "Phoscon#B1920x970"
                      },
                      "673AE81CB6": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-11T16:19:07",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-12T14:27:08",
                      },
                      "6A29C4DB91": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-12T12:21:52",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-12T13:07:54",
                      "name": "Phoscon#B1007x666"
                      },
                      "71DDE226D2": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-13T13:36:24",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-14T05:05:43",
                      "name": "Phoscon#B2133x1078"
                      },
                      "7E4D692D8A": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-12T12:22:14",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-13T13:22:33",
                      "name": "JowiHue"
                      },
                      "846A95EE08": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-29T12:28:16",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-29T12:28:24",
                      "name": "Phoscon#B1011x642"
                      },
                      "8FA9A96EBE": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-29T12:30:13",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-29T13:00:19",
                      "name": "JowiHue"
                      },
                      "A941B903C2": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-11T16:00:25",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-11T16:13:45",
                      },
                      "A95E786A02": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-12T13:24:06",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-12T14:27:10",
                      },
                      "AF31C89F74": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-29T11:28:02",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-29T11:29:09",
                      },
                      "B433ACD166": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-29T12:29:26",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-29T13:00:16",
                      "name": "Phoscon#B1123x713"
                      },
                      "F1522F88DF": {
                      "create date": "2020-10-29T11:29:16",
                      "last use date": "2020-10-29T12:08:58",
                      }
                      },
                      "zigbeechannel": 15
                      }
                      ************************* End Object info ***************************

Comment

The json is wrong here, this should have been different. I think I know what the issue is here. Will be changed in the next version. Could it be that the temperature shown is the Celsius value of Fahrenheit? Maybe conversion misses out here. Could you confirm? In that case I could solve that in the plugin, must have missed out on this temperature level.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Good call, it does appear the celcius to fahrenheit would account for the temperature offset. Would that also be preventing me from changing the setpoint? (lowest option I can pick for setpoint is 40F but if thats really 40C then it would be 104F which is probably higher than the thermostat will let me set).

Thanks,

Comment

I think the setpoint is Fahrenheit, as lowest for Celcius is set at 5 degrees.
                            So I think the display issue is only for the temperature itself. Can you check the report in deCONZ? Is that the same value ( multiplied by 100)? I would need to know if the basics report is Celcius? I kind of hope it is, because then it is easier to catch....

Thanks,

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Wim, That may be correct then. The lowest the setpoint in the control in HomeSeer show 40F. However if I change that to like 60F after just a moment the screen refreshes and its back at 40F and the thermostat never updates. Updating in HomeSeer does not change the control in deCONZ at all. I apologize but I am not quite sure what report you want me to check in deCONZ. I don't actually see anything in deCONZ that shows the setpoint. There is a place I can "change" the setpoint but its by an incremental value (not the actual setpoint value) If you would like to take a look , let me know when and I can setup a TeamvVewer session or something and let you poke around on my HS server. HS and deCONZ are running on a dedicated machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X