Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature and humidity update interval

Hi Guys,

On a steep learning curve on Zigbee and Deconz (90% of my devices are Zwave or wifi) and I can't see to find a straight answer on something. I have recently bought some of the Sonoff SNZB-02 Temperature and Humidity Sensors to use to activate exhaust fans in bathrooms.

I have these loaded up in Deconz by the default method (with the lasted Decon Version), but the batteries seem to go flat FAST. I have another Zigbee Temp and humidity sensor from another vendor, and the battery has lasted over 5 mths and looks good as a percentage.

Is there a way to adjust the transmission interval on ZigBee devices? This device seems to update every 5 mins. The one with the better battery seems to be 15mins.

I also think that you can transmit on a % change of temp or humidity, rather than whenever a small change is triggered. This would be my preferred trigger, as it mainly should trigger when there is a big change in Humidity.

I know this isn't specifically a JowiHue question, but the HomeSeer Forums have always treated me well!!!

Any help or tips greatly appreciated!!!

Until now I have not found a method to slow or speed reporting of a device to deCONZ. That does not mean it is not there, but as far I know each sensor reports on a factory set period. Maybe with tinkering into deCONZ you can change settings, but on report level I am not sure it is even possible.

I have few different sensors here and for temperature the Philips and aqara brands are lasting two years and more here. I do not know the Sonoff devices by experience. But the device is a very much look-alike to my aqara weather sensor..
    But those sensors report as soon temperature changes and (for Aqara) the standard reporting - if nothing changes - is once per hour. That is why often initial creation of devices in HS shows a battery level of 0%, but after some time (an hour or so) the actual battery is reported.

Was it the first battery that went down fast? Or maybe it was drained already before delivery?

Wim

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
    X