Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Init sensor config done -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Will check on this one. It could be that I missed that check long time ago.
    I cannot move this thread to the other forum, guess I do not have the authorisation to do that. No worries tthough it is not an issue

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    One more follow up here..

After some more poking around and trial and error testing, I found that the vibration sensor "Root" device also has the "Motion sensitivity" setting on the JowiHue tab (in addition to the sensor's "Vibration" device, which is where I was making the changes as I described previously).

I found that if I change the sensitivity on the JowiHue tab of the "Root" device, the setting stays as set, and the "Vibration" device also reflects the new value. But if I change the sensitivity on the JowiHue tab of the "Vibration" device, then the setting is not saved and reverts back to the previous setting.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    I went ahead and deleted the vibration sensor devices from HS3 and waited a minute or so and then JowiHue recreated the devices. The new devices do not have the "Object reference not set..." on the JowiHue tab, and the expected information is now shown on the JowiHue tab of the "Vibration" device...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.46.00 AM.png
Views:	117
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	1426626

Unfortunately, now I have a new problem. When I edit the "Motion sensitivity" value and click "Done", I see the following in the log:

Code:
    Oct-17 11:43:25 AM           JowiHue     Sensor not found, possible rename not performed!
    When I go back to the JowiHue tab of the Vibration device, I see that the Motion sensitivity has reverted back to the original value, "0". I've tried this several times with the same results. I've also tried restarting the plugin, and then restarting HS3...

P.S. Apologies again for posting in the wrong forum, please move this to the HS3 JowiHue forum.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    Yes, it does. As you posted this in the HS4 forum I assumed you were running HS4 and my answer in that post is holding a sample in HS4
    But you are running HS3. Last time I checked, vibration was showing the sensitivity setting in the JowiHue tab. But by the looks of your images something goes wrong obviously. II will have to check on HS3 for this first. That will take some time here. The issue for you at this point is that you cannot adjust the sensitivity

Wim
    Apologies, my fault for posting in the wrong forum...since I haven't moved to HS4 yet, I forget there are two different forums now , and this is the one that came up in my search results. Please move to the appropriate HS3 forum if possible...maybe I am missing it, but I don't see a way to do that myself.

If you, or someone else, could verify on HS3 if they are seeing this same issue on the JowiHue tab for the vibration sensor, that would be very helpful in determining if this is a problem with the plugin, or if it is just something with my system. If it is just my system, I can try removing the sensor and re-adding it to see if that fixes the JowiHue tab.

Leave a comment:

• w.vuyk
    replied
    Yes, it does. As you posted this in the HS4 forum I assumed you were running HS4 and my answer in that post is holding a sample in HS4
    But you are running HS3. Last time I checked, vibration was showing the sensitivity setting in the JowiHue tab. But by the looks of your images something goes wrong obviously. II will have to check on HS3 for this first. That will take some time here. The issue for you at this point is that you cannot adjust the sensitivity

Wim

Leave a comment:

• Init sensor config done -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am seeing this message on the JowiHue tab of the root device and also on each of the child devices for the Aqara Vibration Sensor. The sensor seems to be working as expected, other than the extreme sensitivity of the Vibration device I detailed in another thread.

Is this something to be concerned about?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.32.37 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	1426436

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 10.38.56 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	1426437
Working...
X