Battery level on Ikea remotes added to Philips Hue bridge using TouchLink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery level on Ikea remotes added to Philips Hue bridge using TouchLink

I have a Philips Hue bridge that I'm using for all my lights (Ikea and Philips Hue bulbs). And I've added some of my Ikea bulbs using TouchLink. That is, first adding the Ikea remote control using TouchLink in the Hue Essentials app, and then adding the bulbs by holding in the link button on the back of the Ikea remote. Then when searching for lights in the app, the bulbs are added to the Hue bridge, and then added to HomeSeer by the JowiHue app. So far so good..

However, I would very much like to see data on the remote controls added this way. Specifically the battery level. I had a remote control die on me yesterday in my son's room, and I'd like to get some warning ahead of time next time.

Is there a way to get the remotes to be added as devices in HomeSeer?

Yes you can do this. Open a search for devices in the bridge maintenance page and then reset the remove control.I believe for the Ikea remotes it is pressing the smal button on the backside, near the battery for 4 times within 5 seconds. Then the remote control is added to the HS devices. with that you can start controlling any other device in the HS device list.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
    650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thank you for the reply!

Are you certain about this for the Philips Hue bridge and the Ikea remote? I cannot find anywhere that I can search for devices. Only lights. Can you show a screenshot of where I can find it?

The only way I've been able to add the remote is by using the TouchLink button. And this does not cause JowiHue to make any devices for the remote. With ConBeeII it works fine. But it would be nice to keep it within the Philips Hue bridge..

Comment

I tried to google a bit on it, andindeed, the Philips Hue bridge wil not enable the device to be seen through the API. Hue essentials has found a way to join the remote, but only then allowing a direct connection to a light.
        So, no the plugin will not see the remote as the Philips Hue bridge is only allowing the "friends of hue" remotes and switches officially to be shown.

As for most sensors and switches I would advice to use deCONZ for this if you need the devices in HS, most importantly because deCONZ gives an instantaneous response when triggering events in HS. The Philips hue bridges releases changes in their state only when polled by the plugin. That is when the switches show their devices in HS and you want to trigger on changes through an event.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
        650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          As for most sensors and switches I would advice to use deCONZ for this if you need the devices in HS, most importantly because deCONZ gives an instantaneous response when triggering events in HS. The Philips hue bridges releases changes in their state only when polled by the plugin. That is when the switches show their devices in HS and you want to trigger on changes through an event.
          Hey, I didn't know this! I recently got some Philips Hue motion detectors, but I'm handling the events in HS. And I've wondered why the response feels so slow. Thanks for the tips! I'll try it out in deCONZ instead.

As for the Ikea remote, I guess I'll just have to live with it or use deCONZ instead.

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X