Friends of HUE switches and how to create events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends of HUE switches and how to create events

Hi, I have bought some "Friends of HUE" swithes from Nikko (https://www.niko.eu/nl-nl/onze-produ...friends-of-hue), ABB and JUMItech. I can´t see how I can create events based on the push of buttons on the swithes. In the HUE App I am able to configure the actions based on push button 1-4, push once and hold. When I look into the jowihue it seems that something is missing. Here is my finding:
    I try to create an event as follows.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	niko fhs.png
Views:	328
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	1427260
    As you can see ... I am not getting any value to pick from. Therefor I am not able to create the event.
    If I compare to the philips hue TAP Switch then as you can see below I get the values that I can choose from.
    Is it possible to accomplish the same with the "Friends of HUE" switches. They are delivered from many vendors, but the switch is the same from both nikko and abb as well as jumotech.

Name:	PHTS.png
Views:	301
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	1427264

and also for the dimmer switch the events are all aveilable as you can see below:

Name:	PHDW.png
Views:	277
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1427265
    Regards, Jacob
    Attached Files

Can try "Control A Device" when creating Events? See what comes up if you have any choices in there. Some plugins are designed that way.

Ref : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ntrol-a-device

Because I also think the status of an input device is received as opposed to tracked so that it can have an effect on the system but not the other around. (I may be wrong on this one, else anyone can chime in)

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Hi Eman, Thanks for your reply, I can´t see how I get that choice. Look at the picture below:

Name:	PHSA.png
Views:	267
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	1427273
      Regards, Jacob

Comment

Now it becomes strange. It seems that even though both the Philips HUE TAB Switch and HUE Dimmer is visible in homeseer and enrolled by the jowihue plugin, I am not able to use the events when i push the buttons physically, but when I run the scenario from within homeseer it works fine. I have tried to request for new devices under plugin maintenance, but that does not wake the physical device so that homeseer catchers the event. What can I do in order to make it work? Regards, Jacob

Comment

Try example : IF Bathroom sensor state changes and becomes On, THEN, "Control A Device" ......................... There should be an option to choose from say to the JowiHue switch or light.

Eman

Comment

You need to check the properties page/ Status/Graphics page. Are there any values for the NIK device? I thought I already updated the possible values for the NIC device?
            Here is a sample of my tap devices Status/Graphics page. I have no NIK devices here to test.
            No need to scan for new devices here when the device is already present in HS4, as it is a device without power it will only annouce itself once and after that only when a button is pushed.

Could you please post the JSON content on the JowiHue tab (a tab in the properties)? If it is not a modelid of "FOHSWITCH" I will have to update it with the model you have.
            If it is FOHSWITCH it should already hold the correct info and something might be wrong. In that case, check the value on the status/graphics page after each button press. You can find this value in the advanced part of the status graphics page. Let me know what those values become with each button press and I will send you an update on this.

Thanks,

Wim

Name:	2020-10-20 12_18_47-Device Settings.png
Views:	277
Size:	398.6 KB
ID:	1427279
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Eman

These devices cannot be controlled as they are switches without power or batteries.
              They do not listen for commands. In an event you can only respond to a change of the status here.

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                Eman

These devices cannot be controlled as they are switches without power or batteries.
                They do not listen for commands. In an event you can only respond to a change of the status here.

Wim
                I did try touch on that in my post # 2 . You just explained better!

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by jaga01 View Post
                  Now it becomes strange. It seems that even though both the Philips HUE TAB Switch and HUE Dimmer is visible in homeseer and enrolled by the jowihue plugin, I am not able to use the events when i push the buttons physically, but when I run the scenario from within homeseer it works fine. I have tried to request for new devices under plugin maintenance, but that does not wake the physical device so that homeseer catchers the event. What can I do in order to make it work? Regards, Jacob
                  jaga01

I am a bit lost with this post here. Did you try to rejoin the device to the gateway? Be aware that when you do this to use the right button combination, so that the channel that is used corresponds with the channel in use by the gateway? If you do this different, the switch will send the changes to the wrong channel. Check your user guide for this?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim,
                    Below is the json from the HUE TAP Switch:
                    ZGPSwitch

**************************** Object info *****************************
                    {
                    "state": {
                    "buttonevent": 34,
                    "lastupdated": "2020-10-20T13:19:57"
                    },
                    "config": {
                    "on": true
                    },
                    "name": "Hue tap switch 1",
                    "type": "ZGPSwitch",
                    "modelid": "ZGPSWITCH",
                    "manufacturername": "Signify Netherlands B.V.",
                    "uniqueid": "00:00:00:00:00:42:de:a2-f2"
                    }
                    ************************* End Object info ***************************

And here is the json from the the HUE Dimmer Switch - Why is the json written twice?

ZLLSwitch

{
                    "buttonevent": 4002,
                    "lastupdated": "2020-10-20T10:44:58"
                    },
                    "on": true,
                    "battery": 100,
                    "pending": [],
                    "reachable": true
                    },
                    "name": "Hue dimmer switch 2",
                    "type": "ZLLSwitch",
                    "modelid": "RWL021",
                    "swversion": "6.1.1.28573",
                    "uniqueid": "00:17:88:01:10:38:e3:4c-02-fc00"
                    }

ZLLSwitch

{
                    "buttonevent": 4002,
                    "lastupdated": "2020-10-20T10:44:58"
                    },
                    "on": true,
                    "battery": 100,
                    "pending": [],
                    "reachable": true
                    },
                    "name": "Hue dimmer switch 2",
                    "type": "ZLLSwitch",
                    "modelid": "RWL021",
                    "swversion": "6.1.1.28573",
                    "uniqueid": "00:17:88:01:10:38:e3:4c-02-fc00"
                    }

And here it is for the Friends of HUE Button:

ZGPSwitch

{
                    "buttonevent": 20,
                    "lastupdated": "2020-10-18T13:56:01"
                    },
                    "on": true
                    },
                    "name": "BM kontor",
                    "type": "ZGPSwitch",
                    "modelid": "FOHSWITCH",
                    "manufacturername": "PhilipsFoH",
                    "uniqueid": "00:00:00:00:01:71:cb:6e-f2"
                    }

There is no changes in the advanced proporties for neither the Dimmer (with batteries) and the TAP Switch when I push the different buttons.
                    I have removed the HUE Brindge and went through the inclusion under add new bridge as guided by the procedure described in the process. I do not have access to the manual as I am using your plugin on my Pi installation and here I do not have access to the folder where you say it is placed. Can you send me a link? If you want - Then I can make a video showing what I am doing? Regards, Jacob

Comment

Hi Wim, Updated your plugin to relese ......9. Now the json description is longer and as I can read cooresponds with the values from the push of buttons. I have tried to test the event again but nothing happens. Then I tried to enable the std. HUE Plugin and did the same. Now the event is working for the "TAP Switch" with the parameter "LAST BUTTON EVENT", but the "Freinds of HUE" is not working. how do I accoplish the same outcome with your plugin. Regards. Jacob

Comment

Below is a picture of the event that works.

Name:	HSM-JOWIHUE-PHSTD-EVENTWORK.png
Views:	253
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1427355
                        Regards, Jacob

Comment

Jacob,

First: if you check the TAP event you posted earlier. Does the HS device change its value when you pres a different button?
                          You have used the device check "Changes and becomes". If you use this condition, the event will not trigger when you press the same button twice as the value does not change.
                          Instead use "This Device Had its Value Set to" which will also trigger of only the device is set to the same value. That will make your event work like you expect I am sure.

As for the Friends of Hue switch. I am now thinking the Philips Hue bridge is sending different values than the deConz gateway (yuch....). Could you post an image of the status/graphics page of that device, so I can confirm the values here?

Thanks.

Wim

*edit* changed typo "not" in "now" = . I am now thinking the.......
                          -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim, thanks for your advice. And now - Yes it changes both in your plugin and the std. plugin, but your plugin is double as quick as the std. plugin, but still very slow. It takes 8 sec. with your plugin to register the push and 16 sec. for the Std. HUE plugin. Below is some pictures showing different from the devices both as std.HUE and JOWIHUE:

First the JOWIHUE device:

Name:	BM-Office-switch-HUEPlug.png
Views:	298
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1427380

Name:	BM-Office-switch-jowi-JSON.png
Views:	251
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	1427381

Then the Std. HUE Device:

Name:	BM-Office-switch-HUEPlug.png
Views:	254
Size:	330.3 KB
ID:	1427382

Name:	BM-Office-switch-HUE-JSON.png
Views:	251
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1427383
                            Is this what you wanted me to post? Regards, Jacob

Comment

Jacob,

I do not need the information of the Philips Hue plugin as I am not the creator of it? I have no use for this, it is only obfuscating the info I need.
                              But I am seeing confirmation that the information coming from the Philips Hue bridge is waayyyy different than coming from the deCONZ gateway. I will have to update the plugin for this one. Will try to bring that in the next version.

As for the slow response, recheck our earlier email on that. The Philips Hue bridge needs polling and is because of that always a bit slow to notify the outside world (the plugin) on a button press. If you need immediate response from a switch, deCONZ is the way to go for that. On sensors/switches/remotes deCONZ give an immediate response when you have to "wait" for a few seconds for the respons of the Philips Hue bridges.

Thanks,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X