deconz version .87 seems to be buggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deconz version .87 seems to be buggy

I do not know what happened with this version ( which is NOT beta...*frustration*). But i am going back to .84.

this is just to inform you Wim.,
    Attached Files

beta .86 is fine.

I do not understand why a stable build would have changes vs the last beta build... this is beyond me.

Comment

It is not a bug, they did it on purpose. What doesn't make sense is that this change was not in the 2.5.86 beta, but I think it was supposed to be. I did not take the time to sort through all the commits and such, But it makes me wonder what else they thought was in the beta and wasn't. Too many hands in the mix over there without careful oversight is what I see. This is the update that included this change and some others. https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...ugin/pull/3496 These are the release notes for "stable" 2.5.87 that includes a reference to this update https://github.com/dresden-elektroni...es/tag/v2.5.87

Comment

bdickhaus Thanks. Unfortunately, that means Wim needs to modify its code to accommodate for this.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know! The attribute was changed without advance notice... I have changed it for now and expect it will be stable again with 4.05.87. I submitted the new plugin to HST to release, and also made it available as new beta (both are the same plugin)

Regards!

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim,
            Thanks for the quick fix. But they just reverted the change and released 2.05.88. So I guess they did not intend to release that change yet, not even in beta.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

I noticed indeed. But as there was another issue as well during conversion of presets I published it anyway. At least it is now prepared for a next update if it comes back.
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Wim,
                I'm a bit confused with respect to the firmware on my Conbee 1. I updated the Conbee firmware to 26350500 back in May. When I open Phoscom, it states that "This version is up to date". It states Version 2.0.5.80 /8/14/2020. The date is interestng since I did mine in May. In any case, I see later releases including Mamontovaya Hotfix #1 ⋅ v2.5.88 which is noted as stable. Can you make comment on whether these are all Beta's and should I update or hold off. Everything works wonderfully with you plugin and my devices. Just don't want to fall too far behind.

Thanks,

Robert

HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  Wim,
                  I'm a bit confused with respect to the firmware on my Conbee 1. I updated the Conbee firmware to 26350500 back in May. When I open Phoscom, it states that "This version is up to date". It states Version 2.0.5.80 /8/14/2020. The date is interestng since I did mine in May. In any case, I see later releases including Mamontovaya Hotfix #1 ⋅ v2.5.88 which is noted as stable. Can you make comment on whether these are all Beta's and should I update or hold off. Everything works wonderfully with you plugin and my devices. Just don't want to fall too far behind.

Thanks,

Robert
                  Hi Robert,
                  The Phoscon screen is a bit confusing. "This version is up to date" refers to the firmware, not the deCONZ version. There is a more recent firmware version. 26390500 but it requires a manual install. They don't say so, but they are treating it like a beta. There are a couple of obscure bugs that it fixes, unless you are having problems I would wait until it shows up in Phoscon. The latest production release of deCONZ is 2.0.5.88. The latest beta is 2.0.6.0 and incorporates the changes discussed earlier in this thread. Unless there is a specific issue, or new hardware addressed in the beta there isn't any reason to update. I don't know for sure about 2.0.5.80 to 2.0.5.88 and JowiHue, that is something Wim would have to answer.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill. I have no pressing need to update the firmware. For now, I'll stick with what I've got.

Cheers.

Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Lately there are many developments going, new devices are getting added almost daily. But so far the API is not changing a lot (with the exception of the topic start issue), so yu should be fine to stick to the 2.05.80 version for now. But that will change if you find a new device to be used in your house. Then you better to check if the device might have been added in a later version and upgrade if needed.

At some point next year there will be a major change in the way how deCONZ will recognize new devices. That will also influence the plugin. I don't know the full details yet, but probably it will be a major change for the plugin, but I am guessing/hoping it will be easier to add new devices after that, By that time I expect you want to be up to date as well.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Thanks Wim. Will this change also be maintained in HS3. For now and forseable future, I have no time to mess with HS4.

Comment

Robert,

I am not very sure of that. If it is going to be an easy change I might just do it. If it is going to be a complex change I think I will skip it as I expect the developers will have a longer period leaving the old methods enabled. In that case there would be no worries for existing devices.

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                          X