Got plugin and ConbeeII - what next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got plugin and ConbeeII - what next

I have a HS4 Pi that I have ZWave set up on and am now working on adding Zigbee capability. I bought and installed a ConbeeII and JowiHue. When I scan for a bridge the only one it finds is the HA-Bridge/Hue software bridge I have running on my HS2 Windows PC.
    1st - what do I have to do to get it to find the ConbeeII?
    2nd - what's next after that? I read stuff about deconz, where does that come in or will properly finding the ConbeeII get me going?

Added :
    Is there a 'How to' somewhere for setting up this plug-in?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Dick,

The user guide of the plugin is placed in the \Docs subdirectory of your HS installation. This will help you with starting the plugin.

To find the ConBeeII you need to run deCONZ on the same machine where you attached the ConBee to. The plugin will only find the conbee when deCONZ is running. If you run deCONZ on the same machine as HS4, you need to make sure deCONZ starts before HS4.

Aside from the help document, you will find a lot of information on the Phoscon site for the Conbee (including the deCONZ software) https://www.phoscon.de/en/conbee2

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

OK, I am getting no where with this. I am running this as a headless installation so I cannot use phoscon's gui setup. I can SSH in w/o a problem. I tried installing deCONZ both manually (which seemed to go right - no error messages) following the directions at https://www.phoscon.de/en/conbee2/install, and via the sd-card image method. Neither seems to have worked.
      I was an IT support person before retiring so I'm not computer illiterate. I'll admit I know little about the Linux/Rapsbian system, so I might need some hand holding to get deCONZ installed. If it did get installed, what folder(s) would files for it be in?
      For what it's worth I did check (using lsusb) and the conbeeII is listed as connected.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Dick,

I am not good with Linux and Raspbian either here, so I hope someone else will chime in here for details.

If you follow the SD card method, you should be able to use VNC to get to the screen part. That is the same I am doing for my Raspbee installation. With the SD card method, deCONZ should even be started automatically? If VNC is not working for you, you could try going to the Phoscon pages by going to the macine's IP address in a browser.

Wim

-- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I have given upon getting his working. No one seems to be able to tell me how to get deCONZ running. So, no zigbee for me.
          Dick

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
            I have given upon getting his working. No one seems to be able to tell me how to get deCONZ running. So, no zigbee for me.
            hey

instructions here...
            https://phoscon.de/en/conbee2/install#raspbian

you might want to look here for rasbian alpha builds of deconz if you are more familiar with windows
            http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/raspbian/alpha/

you can just install the .deb like a windows .exe
            just need to get the right one
            its pretty simple once you have the right files. don't give up

I am running ubuntu arm64, but you probably want a raspbian armhf, so try the latest armhf .deb file from the alpha deconz link

***edit**
            I jusr noticed u said headless, so you are going to need to install decomz, run it, and access it via the web browser to add devices

you can start deconz to use a specific port like this...

deCONZ --auto-connect=1 --dbg-error=1 --http-port=8090 --ws-port=8088 --upnp=0

by default it uses 80 I think

then try your ip: port in browser

Comment

Working...
            X