deCONZ install on HS4 Pi hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deCONZ install on HS4 Pi hub

I have bought one of the HomeSeer HomeTroller Pi Smart Home HubS4 Pi hubs (https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...smart-home-hub).
    I also bought a ConBee II Zigbee USB gateway that I am trying to get working with the JowiHue plugin. I need to have deCONZ software installed to make this happen. W.Vuyk (JowuHue's author) hasn't been able to help me. I've tried several versions of a manual install found on the Phoscon website (https://phoscon.de/en/conbee2/install#raspbian) without success.

I need someone who knows their way around the Linux OS installed on the hub ("Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)" to help me figure out what's wrong.

Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me?

P.S. I not a computer dummy, I did PC support before retiring. I was recently able to to get my new HS4 setup Zwave devices talking to my old HS2 setup using MQTT thanks to Michael McSherry. Now I'm trying to get Zigbee devices going too.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

I don't know that I know enough, but I'm wiling to try. I ended up using dedicated Raspberry Pi's with the SD card image. Also I have Raspbee's. But I will try and help. It does not say so, but I think that the instructions assume you are logged in as user pi. The only thing that would make a difference is that first command. What do you get from "sudo groupmems -g dialout -l"? How far did you get? Is deCONZ running? I am not familiar with the Conbee. I know some have had issues with other USB devices, hubs, and cables. They don't apparently work well plugged directly..

Comment

Only login that works to ssh in to the box is homeseer and the password I had set up during setup, pi and raspberry do not work.
      When trying "sudo groupmems -g dialout -l" I get the response "homeseer".
      Tried next command "wget -O - http://phoscon.de/apt/deconz.pub.key | \ sudo apt-key add -" but got nowhere as it seems phoscon.de is dead (doesn't return a ping, at least right now)
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I have given upon getting his working. No one seems to be able to tell me how to get deCONZ running. So, no zigbee for me.
        Dick

Comment

I'll start off by saying that I have no experience of running HS and DeConz on the same box, but one thing I know you'll run into is issues with the web servers. Both HS and DeConz run a web server, both want to run it on port 80, and that's just not going to work.

ISTR there are some posts on GitHub about changing the DeConz/Phoscon web port, and some posts on the board here about changing the HS one. TBH, I'd pick up another Pi, and install DeConz on that, and get round any interactions. That's the route I went, though I went for the internal mounted rather than USB.

Depending on how far down the path you want to go, you can probably run Docker on your existing Pi, and install HS and DeConz into different containers and have them working that way. It's not something I've any experience with, but from the postings I see that many people do that for HomeAssistant and DeConz.

G

Comment

I am in the same boat as RAM. I bought the ConBee II specifically to go with the HomeSeer Pi as the Pi only has Z-wave built in. I am guessing that this is not supported?

Comment

For what I understand is that the Homeseer Pi is locked down for adding new devices. I do not know if asking HST support how to add a extra usb device and drivers will help? I am not sure if they know more on this?

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

It is theoretically possible to get this working, but I don't think anyone has done it yet. I have RaspBee's and dedicated RPi's for them, so I use the provided system image to run all of mine. If HST is using a modified/stripped down/limited, version of Raspbian, then it is going to be a challenge to get this to work.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                X