Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flood log with data, debug turned off - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flood log with data, debug turned off - Solved!

Click image for larger version

Name:	debug.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1450697
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Geary,

You will have to report this to HST. As I said earlier, this is an issue that has been there earlier for HST. Maybe this debug level (HS4!!) is coming from the PluginSDK still. If you look at the image, if it is coming from JowiHue, JowiHue is mentioned as plugin in the logline, check the "Info" lines. This line you circled is not mentioning JowiHue and is very certain not coming from the plugin.
    Bring this forward to support from HST and point them to this thread and also to the other thread where I pointed to the original issue?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

My HS4 system using z-wave devices, and zigbee devices via Jowihue, has been running really slow for the last 4-5 days. A lot of the sensors are Zigbee devices, through Jowihue, and controlled devices typically z-wave. .Events triggered with w zigbee device are taking up to 20 seconds or so to complete at times, and then at other times are instantaneous..

On looking at my log, I have exactly the same issue as the original poster. Repeating every 5 minutes, my log is filled up with probably 50 or more lines of debug entries identical to that seen with the original poster. Probably 95% of entries in my log are these debug entries.

I have tried turning on the logging in Jowihue under the Trace settings, and back off, but even with them all off the multiple debug entries continues.

My suspicion is this started when I added a new device in Deconz (and had difficulty getting it working and so added and deleted it a few times)

Any solution identified from the above issue, or do I need to chase up HST about it?

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

This is the reply I got from HS when I advised them of the issue and sent them the log:
        Hello,
        The Jowihue plugin is a 3rd party plugin and as such all support for this plugin is provided by the plugin author. Please continue to work with the plugin on this issue.

Thanks
        HST

Getting this resolved isn't going to go well if we get each party pointing at the other......

Dave

Comment

Hi All,

As an FYI, I updated everything to latest software:

- Jowihue - 4.0.2.0 to 4.0.4.3
          - HS4 - 4.1.11 to 4.1.15
          - Deconz – to V2 10.04

Seems to have stopped all the debug logs entries, although no idea which of those updates made the difference.

So the debug entries are no more - fingers crossed it stays that way, and gets rid of the terrible lag in event execution.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

I hate the response of HST as the log posted is coming from HS4, not the plugin as the plugin will always name JowiHue in the log line.
            But indeed they did resolve this in a follow version. Both the plugin and HS4 are going through a lot of changes, which is often on a new release. DeConz is preparing for a lot of changes in the next few months. So be prepared for more new changes comming

Glad it got resolved!
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Yep, all seems to be working fine again now.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Hi,
                I am experiencing this with:

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.7.0
                Jowihue 4.0.6.0
                Phoscon 2.13.04 / 12/18/2021
                Firmware 26390500

Comment

If you see the HomeSeer "Plugin debug" message like the topic states, you have to report this to HST. The plugin has no part of that other then executing a statement.
                  I am on the same version as you and I do not see it, so certainly cannot confirm it as an issue?

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

I have submitted an email ticket.

Comment

w.vuyk HS support is suggesting you try to debug this. HSCS-11602 HS4 Pro Log Issue

Comment

pmendiuk if you disable the JowiHue plugin do the debug lines stop showing in the log?
                        Have you ensured that you do not have any debug logging options enabled within HS4?
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes they do. I don't know what to do now based on response #6 in this thread. The log entries occur every 5 minutes and it looks like the gateway is getting queried for devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	log_d.PNG
Views:	115
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	1523497

Comment

Yea, hopefully Wim can help you isolate this issue and if it's a HS problem he can let the devs know what the issue is.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I really have no clue what to debug here? The log lines are NOT generated nor caught by the plugin as the type of the Log line is "Plugin" and not "JowiHue". Any log line generated by the plugin is having the type "JowiHue". There is absolute no line logged by the plugin with that type.

HST really has to search their code for a "Debug" line that starts with "GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef". rjh , Sorry to bother you here, but your team needs to focus on this? I cannot reproduce the issue here on my production system nor test systems and do not know if this coming from the HS system or the PluginSDK.
                              A similar log line was shown in an earlier version of HS4, and logs of the plugin type do not show in the JowiHue logs as it is not forwarded to the plugin for obvious reasons.
                              All I can determine here is that is not coming from the plugin. Please help out? It seems you logged this in HSCS-11602

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X