Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRADFRI remote control - Battery bug?

Hi Wim,

I have a Ikea Remote Control (5 buttons) that is not updating the battery value correctly. On the JSON the battery value is correct, it shows 16% wich is the value on deconz gui. But the plugin read the value: "-58" in the "Status/graphics" of the battery feature.

ZHASwitch

**************************** Object info *****************************
    {
    "config": {
    "alert": "none",
    "battery": 16,
    "group": "33",
    "on": true,
    "reachable": true
    },
    "ep": 1,
    "etag": "0c016db7fe8675bf892a991c2e6af47e",
    "lastseen": "2021-01-29T10:01Z",
    "manufacturername": "IKEA of Sweden",
    "mode": 3,
    "modelid": "TRADFRI remote control",
    "name": "Candeeiro da Secretaria",
    "state": {
    "buttonevent": 1002,
    "lastupdated": "2021-01-28T19:24:58.214"
    },
    "swversion": "2.3.014",
    "type": "ZHASwitch",
    "uniqueid": "00:0b:57:ff:fe:f6:40:b6-01-1000"
    }
    ************************* End Object info ***************************

Status/Graphics

ID: 1654
    Device Version: 3.2
    Value: -58
    Status
    Interface: JowiHue
    Device Type: Api: Feature
    Relationship: Feature (Child)
    Associated Devices: Comando Quarto Martim Candeeiro da Secretaria (1372)

This thread prompted me to look at the json from my 5-button Ikea remote and I noticed that hs reports 25% while the json reports 60%.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

This has been a bug for a long time. Not sure where the problem is, I read somewhere on the Interwebs that the remotes are flaky in terms of reporting battery status and jumps all over the place. Would be great to get it fixed or reasonably stable readings.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
        This has been a bug for a long time. Not sure where the problem is, I read somewhere on the Interwebs that the remotes are flaky in terms of reporting battery status and jumps all over the place. Would be great to get it fixed or reasonably stable readings.
        Maybe you're right but I don't see how it could be linked to the fact that the value in JSON is different from the value in HS, but you can also be right

Comment

Any thoughts on this w.vuyk ? I purposely don't monitor/alarm on the battery levels of the TRADFRI remote since the readings jump all over the place and are inconsistent.

Comment

It is correct that the value shown on the device is not matching the value reported in the JSON for IKEA batteries (switch, remotes, motion sensors and curtain devices. And it is my doing .

I will remove it in the next version.
            My remotes and curtains from IKEA are battery dead at around 47% when used on deCONZ. I was thinking I could work around this by recalculating the first 53% to 100% and let this formula show 0% at the correct time. But somehow some devices (like nunoary 's remote) seem to show correct values and then this magic formula have working devices with a minus filled battery

Will change!

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Wim, and sorry for ruining your magic formula lol...

Just to clarify, because I know that there are at least two versions of this command, mine is version E1524 and has firmware V. 2.3.014. I don't know if this could be important and / or help.

Comment

Am trying to send the new HS4 plugin release to HST here tonight, this should solve the battery issue. But be aware, soe of you will see the battery die at 47%, if you have script or SDJ-Health active, update it for the remotes......
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thanks again Wim.

Comment

Wim, any chance you can implement this in the HS3 version of the plugin? I'm not ready to move to HS4 yet...
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Oops, I thought I did it also in the HS3 version of the plugin as this is not the hardest change.... it is now prepared for the next release of the HS3 plugin - which will be a while though...

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

I didn't notice any update before I asked. Thank you for your support Win.

Comment

Working...
                          X