Innr Sp224 outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innr Sp224 outlet

I've just connected an Innr SP224 to my Conbee2/deCONZ setup. Automagically created a device in HS3, very nice!

I plan on using this to control a USB transformer that powers a non-dimmable LED lamp on a fish tank. Over the years I've learned to be very specific about which devices get shown as on/off switches, and which ones get shown as dimmers. It's usually a bad plan to have non-dimmable devices connected to a dimmer. So I've made it a habit to check when devices are set up.

I look at the Configuration page in HS3 for it and it shows the "Is Dimmable:" box as Checked, but grayed out. That is, I can't click it to toggle it. The "Is Light:" box is also checked, and I can toggle that (but don't need to in this particular use).

I will be trying to use one of these as a Zigbee extender in an outdoor cabinet that powers a Rachio irrigation controller. I don't plan on controlling the device with this (other than, perhaps, the rare situations where I'd want to power cycle the Rachio). Thus I'm guessing I'll uncheck the "Is Light" box to take it out of any lists that might search for lights.

Anyway, back to this particular use, when I look at the Status Graphics tab for the device it only lists -1 unreachable, 0 off and 255 on. But does still say Dimmable: yes on the Advanced tab.

It's not a big concern, just a curiosity.

I will check on the "Is Dimmable" setting, I think the plugin sets this for any light devices (technically the plug is reported as being a light by deCONZ). I am pretty sure I can catch this and disable the setting for plug, blinds and fans (also reported as light devices), which I am sure all will have this setting. Will change with the next release.

Both attributes, "Is Dimmable" and "Is Light" are both important for voice control I believe. Disabling the "Is Light" will probably cause the voice services not accepting on and off commands anymore. But I am not 100% sure on this, as I am not using voice control. I am only using occupancy/location control here, colors on my lights are set depending on other devices, like my tv etc. Only rare exceptions need a tablet or something similar here, not enough to wanting to use voice control.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Is there any support for switches like this NOT being put in the lighting groups on zigbee? Is this more of a deCONZ question? But I'm curious as to whether it's a zigbee thing or not.

Comment

I am a bit lost on what you are referring to now? Switches are not lights and are different from plugs? Most switches are endpoints as in battery devices.

*edit* Been working today on the is dimmable setting. This setting is no longer actively in use for HS4, so that is why you do not see it on the HS4 properties page. When the plugin adds a device the default value for the Is Dimmable value is enabled, but in fact no longer used in HS4. that is the reason the attribute is set for all new devices now.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

When I added the SP224 to the deCONZ interface is shows up in the Lights group.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phoscon sp224 as a light.png
Views:	113
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1459151

When I check the JowiHue bridge maintenance it also shows up in the All Lights group (and mentions it can't be edited).

Click image for larger version

Name:	bridge maintenance all lights.png
Views:	89
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1459152

This concerns me is devices that I DO NOT EVER WANT TREATED AS LIGHTS are showing up that way.

The BIG reason is I'd like to set up means to monitor the status of a Sump Pump. I really don't need the outlet to have on/off control, at all, and certainly don't need dimming.

When devices get left in the default groups... there's potential for unintended consequences. Like "something" using an "All Off" function for lights ending up killing power to a device that SHOULD NOT BE TURNED OFF. I can work around this, of course, using events and such, but would really rather not leave it as a possible risk.

Now, I'm not 'blaming' anything here. I don't know enough about Zigbee to understand whether this can even BE overcome or not.

I suppose the real question is can a Zigbee device like this be "connected" in a way that doesn't ever expose it as a Light? Or does zigbee (the deCONZ implementation) only support connecting things like this as a "Light".

Comment

The all lights group is really a collection group for all routers in the network. As I mentioned before, the plug is seen as a router (thus a light) in the network. This is how the Philips Hue bridge and deCONZ handles these devices. Each router (bulb,outlet, repeater etc.) is included. There is nothing I can do from the plugin's perspective. You could choose to hide the all lights group devices maybe so noone can switch it off by accident?

If you want to have a group that only consists of lights, you can create a new group in the bridge maintenance page and include the lights in it. This way you have the lights seperated from any other router type.

Are you saying that the plug device in HS3 was created with a dimmer slider on it? As this should not have happened at all. Could you post an image of the device? Because then it appears the plug is not recognized correctly by the plugin yet. Also, please chect on the properties of the device the JowiHue tab. You will find a JSON string there, I would like to have a copy of that JSON string so I can prepare the device gets recognised as a plug.

If you do not want any buttons on the device at all, I guess you can go to the device properties and adjust the graphics/status page to hold status only, that way removing the buttons.

As for Phoscon creating extra groups, it does the same for battery devices and is useless for the plugin. You might instead want to use the configuration page (in HS4 version of the plugin bridge maintenance) and scan for devices from there, not using Phoscon. This will prevent creating useless groups.

I know the devs at dresden electronics are working on methods to differentiate easier between devices. But that will take time. And I do not know yet what know they will do with plug, or blins, or thermostats. We will have to wait for that.
            -- Wim

Comment

No, the SP224 device was created as switch and does NOT show a slider. That part is ok.

I have since created a separate group for these devices and will work to make sure they're appropriately hidden.

I'm only using the deCONZ interface because it'll let me access the devices from different control systems. HS3 handles just about everything, but I have some interest in Hubitat, as that has support for Hunter Douglas window shades. Though they're taking the tack of integrating Zigbee and Z-wave internally on their hub. Not sure that I want that. But that's a different discussion.

Comment

Working...
              X