Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensor

Anyone tried theses to mesure light? Are they reliable, precise?
    How to they compare to philips hue motion sensor (didn’t pay attention to the light sensor yet)

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...BAgCEBM&adurl=

I have not tried these yet (new for me). But I wonder if the combination of motion and light sensor would not do the same for even cheaper prices?
    https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32947...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have several here in the house and their light levels are comparable with the Philips Hue motion sensors.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Same here - those sensors seem to last a long time, never had a problem with them either. If you can wait a while for them to ship where you are

Comment

I have a bunch of these aqara motion sensor too. But i didn’’t take the light measurement seriously .Maybe I should lol.

Comment

I did some reading up on the sensor here. It matches the Philips Hue motion sensors accuracy. So it should also be close to the Aqara motion sensors.
          The main advantage is that both motion sensors do only report either when motion occurs or when a periodic report is send.

The light sensor is sending updates of lightlevel immediately, even when it is only a difference of 1 lux. And thus better up to date if needed.

Wim
          -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Those tiny (and I mean really small, WAF is high) Aqara motion/light sensors are the best kept secret in the home automation world. Inexpensive and small enough to create sensor arrays to cover a large area and correlate motion movement within the space. Battery lasts forever. Having the instant light level allows me to make decisions as to whether to turn the light on based on room darkness instead of time of day. A cloudy day or passing thunderstorm can make a room very dark during the day.

Z-wave motion sensors are a over-priced joke compared to these.

Comment

I am doing similar indeed. My living room is connected to an open kitchen. Living room is back (North) of the house, kitchen is front of the house. Lightlevels be very different when dark clouds enter from either side. My lights in either living room or kitchen do respond based on that difference. Sometimes confusing but looking back at readings it does make sense
              -- Wim

Comment

Exactly Wim. I setup the sensors and then logged the light levels (using Jon00's excellent database plugin) for several days to see how they varied by time of day and weather conditions. The data correlated with my personal experience, on some days one needs to turn on the kitchen counter lights during the day in order to not slice one's finger <grin>. I love being able to walk into the kitchen area (I also have an open floor plan) and have the lights come as needed, then turn off automatically after I leave. True home automation.

Comment

I got two of the Xiaomi Mijia Smart Light Sensors delivered yesterday. These are nice and small lightsensors, that can be put on a magnetic surface or with the adhesive tab put anywhere else. The response to light changes is really fast, someone stepping between a light source and the sensor will trigger a change for the sensor.

One device joined the deCONZ gateway very easy, the other needed few search for devices/resets and read basic clusters to complete its info in deCONZ. Now to find a good spot in the house for good use on the bulb control

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Nice... just what I was looking for. Any issue working with Conbee 1?

Thanks
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I don't expect that. So far there are not really differences between the two types regarding compatibilty.
                      -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                      X