Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL/TLS Error on Hue Bridge

My HS3 log is filling up with the following error every 5 minutes:

JowiHue Error: (Bridgescan)::The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel

I don't see anything in the plugin settings that pertains to SSL/TLS. My Hue bridge appears to be working fine (I can tell Alexa to set my office to a color and it works) so I guess I need some guidance on where to look for the cause of this error.

The Philps bridge has been updated with new firmware in 2019 to enable HTTPS access. The plugin initializes this at the start, if it fails it will try again I am sure. Is the firmware up to date? You will have to check with the Philips Hue app for this.
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hue app says everthing is up to date. Bridge info says Status: Connected, Security: Secure via HTTPS. SW version is 1944102110. I'll try stopping and starting the plugin...

Edit: Updated the plugin from 2.0.3.1 to current version and restarted. Problem seems to be resolved. Maybe the most recent Hue update didn't get along with the older plugin version? Or maybe the bridge was in the middle of a firmware update while the plugin was tring to connect to it? weird.

Comment

You were still running 2.0.3.1? wow, that version is from 2 years ago... it could very well be that the latest Philips Hue update did not like that one for sure
        Lots of changes since then
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
        X